3 bedroom villa with pool sleeps 6-9 located in Tinjan near Sveti Lovrec, Istria
This charming villa is set within a tranquil and secluded walled garden on the edge of a picturesque hamlet located in the heart of the Istrian countryside. This stunning country setting would suit a family or group of friends looking to relax in peaceful surroundings yet be within easy access of all that the region has to offer.
The villa is approached along a country road and into a driveway located to the side of the property which features an underground garage for guest use along with parking for 2 additional cars. The Villa is surrounded by raised terraces, perfect for a morning coffee or dining by candle light. Access to the main entrance door is via a short flight of stairs from the front lawn up to a raised terrace. The ground floor consists of an open plan kitchen / diner/ lounge with 2 sets of doors opening up onto a terrace. Steps from the terrace lead down to a secluded walled garden containing a lawn and pool. There is also a double bedroom with en suite shower room which opens up onto a terrace located to the rear of the house. The first floor features a double bedroom and a twin bedroom, both with en suite bathrooms.
The property makes an excellent base to explore the surrounding area including the stunning Istrian countryside, well known for its great wines and delicious truffles. Close by is the Limski Kanal which offers guided day trips as well as some of the best oysters in Croatia. Other places not to be missed are the towns of Porec and Rovinj which are both less than an hour’s drive from the villa. A little further afield, Brijuni islands, the Roman amphitheatre in Pula and a day trip to Venice are all recommended excursions that are available from this region. Car hire is recommended when staying at this property.
- Distance to beach20 km
- Nearest airportPula (nearest) or Rijeka, Trieste, Ljubljana or Zagreb
- Distance to airport45kms to Pula Airport
- Nearest townPorec or Pazin
- Distance to town20km
- Distance to nearest shops5 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant2km
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 6
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 9
- Minimum stay: 7 nights for end of June - end of August. 3 nights for all other dates
- Arrival days: Friday for end of June - end of August. Any day for all other dates
- Check-in: 14:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 2006
- Area: Villa: 210m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a week
- Car park: Space for 3 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Pool size: 7.5m x 3.5m
- Pool private to the property
- Additional appliances: Coffee maker, Mixer, Hairdryer, Iron and board
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Ironing board
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Table and chairs.
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: Sofa bed in the living room can accommodate 2 adults. Additional mattress available for 9th person
- Number of double bedrooms: 2
- Total number of bedrooms: 3
- Number of twin bedrooms: 1
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 1
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 3
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 20 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 20 minutes
- Nearest airport: Pula (nearest) or Rijeka, Trieste, Ljubljana or Zagreb
- Distance to airport: 45kms to Pula Airport
- Nearest town: Porec or Pazin
- Distance to town: 20km
- Distance to nearest shops: 5 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 2km
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Pet Fee:Only one pet allowed. Pet fee included.
- The following must be produced on arrival: €300
Excellent. Would recommend maybe a full length mirror in one of the hallways...so accessible for all. Caretaker was delightful young girl next door
Impressed with: How beautiful and clean it was.
Not impressed with: Rocky/shingle beaches.
Recommend: All recommended in welcome letter.
Favourite villa moment: Sitting out on veranda at sun rise
Stayed August 2013
The house was lovely and we really enjoyed the pool with flowers and trees all around. The furnishings were attractive and the kitchen well-equipped. Only complaint was in the evening there were strange bugs that came out of or near the couch at night... We sprayed but it was a bit freaky because you couldn't sit on the couch without the bugs. They didn't bite and looked like flying ants or termites. Only a concern at night and there was bug spray in the house so we are assuming they know about it. Loved using the grill and the view of the hay piles and farm area was very picturesque from the terrace. Also, one light upstairs was broken and the ceramic salt container. Seems these things should be fixed before guests arrive. Otherwise, great place and we enjoyed it immensely.
The caretakers were friendly and very helpful. The owner was so kind and apologetic when the pool wasn't ready for a few days, because the pool cleaners didn't come. We were a late booking, so this may have complicated things. She sent a lovely gift basket full of items from Istria and made sure we had the pool to enjoy for most of our stay.
Thank you for all your help! We had a wonderful stay and will highly recommend you to our friends and family!
Impressed with: Absolutely beautiful coastline and friendliness of people. The wine was delicious.
Not impressed with: Food was a little bland, but we enjoyed the meat plates and seafood.
Recommend: We took the ferry to Venice for the day out of Porec. We also went up to Slovenia to visit caves and castle and popped over to Italy for dinner one night. Loved the location!
Favourite villa moment: We really enjoyed going for a swim and then grilling on the terrace and dining in the quiet of the Croatian countryside.
Villa Comments: Thank you for sending me the feedback, it is very useful to me in improving everything I possibly can.
The bugs are unfortunately, a part of the nature surrounding the house. When the terrace doors or windows are open (particularly in the evening, with the lights on) they keep flying in, which drives me crazy when staying there myself. I plan to have nets installed on windows and doors to prevent the bugs coming into the house. The sofa covers are regularly washed and the bugs are certainly not nestling in the house, so they must have been getting into the house during their stay. Therefore, the spray against flies, wasps and mosquitoes is in the house. There are also RAID fluids against mosquitoes in every room.
Stayed July 2013