Spacious four bedroom Istrian stone villa with pool
This appealing four bedroom Istrian stone villa with pool is located in the enchanting village of Mrgani. Here, allegedly, the village was once known as a pirate hideout although guests are assured of the fact that today the village is a lot more respectable! The village consists of a labyrinth of stone houses and pretty walled gardens all of which are surrounded by lovely Istrian countryside. This charming setting would suit those looking for a peaceful retreat yet be within easy driving distances of all that the region has to offer.
The villa is approached via a country lane. Guests park on the grass verge and enter through the main gates into a delightful walled garden with kidney shaped pool, a pool house with toilet, a covered BBQ and dining area, and a utility room. Entry into the villa is from the garden where guest can experience a real tardis moment by discovering how deceptively spacious the villa is inside as they walk into a lovely country kitchen which leads on through to a splendid dining and lounge area. To the rear of the kitchen there is a twin bedroom with en-suite shower room. In keeping with its impressive interior, there are two staircases leading to the bedroom areas. One staircase leads up to a double bedroom with en-suite bath room and a twin room with en-suite shower room. The second staircase leads to the fabulous master bedroom with en-suite bathroom. The beamed ceiling work is one of the best to be seen and adds to the dramatic style running through the whole villa.
The villa would suit a family or two families travelling together or friends. The outdoor BBQ and dining facilities are particularly attractive to those keen on entertaining. Areas of interest within the region include the Medieval Hill top towns of Motovun and Groznjan as well as the seaside towns of Porec, Rovinj and Vrsar. Also recommended are the Brijuni islands, the Roman amphitheatre in Pula and a day trip to Venice which are available as excursions from this area.
- Distance to beach18 km
- Nearest airportPula (nearest). Trieste, Ljubljana, Rijeka and Zagreb also possibilities.
- Distance to airport37km (Pula)
- Nearest townKanfanar
- Distance to town7km
- Details on nearest shopsMini market and grocery shop in Kanfanar
- Distance to nearest shops7 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant7km in Kanfanar
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 8
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 nights from early June to early September. 4 nights all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday from early June to early September. Any day all other dates
- Check-in: 15:00 - 19:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 1903
- Last renovated: 2006
- Area: Villa: 244m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a week
- Car park: Space for 1 car
- Sun deck
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): Living room
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 9.0m x 3.0m
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Internet: Wifi
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Table chairs and sun recliners
- Dining room
- Lounge/living room
- Number of double bedrooms: 2
- Total number of bedrooms: 4
- Number of twin bedrooms: 2
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 2
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 4
- Additional information on bathrooms: Master bathroom equipped with Jacuzzi bath
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 18 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 30 minute to Rovinj
- Nearest airport: Pula (nearest). Trieste, Ljubljana, Rijeka and Zagreb also possibilities.
- Distance to airport: 37km (Pula)
- Nearest town: Kanfanar
- Distance to town: 7km
- Details on nearest shops: Mini market and grocery shop in Kanfanar
- Distance to nearest shops: 7 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 7km in Kanfanar
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Clients arriving between 9pm – 11pm will be charged Euros 40 late arrival fee payable locally.Arrivals after 11pm will not be accepted.
- The following must be produced on arrival: €400
WIFI didn't work - everything else was near perfect. Consider a gas grill to make bbq easier.
The property was super clean, the laundry was terrific, the pool delightful, the garden lovely, the rooms were large and well furnished. In short, we loved our stay.
The owner and agent greeted us and provided excellent information about the property.
Impressed with: The step back in time feelings one experiences.
Not impressed with: The industrial areas and smog at the top of the peninsula and the gaudy tourism at Rovinj.
Recommend: The Italian restaurant in the village about five miles north of the villa was superb and the garden setting was right out of an old film
Favourite villa moment: Spending long evenings by the pool drinking a glass of wine with family while gazing at the stars as the children swam in the pool.
Stayed June 2013
The villa was beautiful and we felt instantly at home as soon as we arrived. Beautiful countryside, excellent cuisine, great climate.
Stayed October 2008
I really cannot fault it at all ! The villa was perfect for our needs with three generations staying at the property. The agent was very helpful and assisted us with booking a boat trip to Venice which was amazing. His knowledge of the area was excellent and helped us decide on various day trip destinations.
Impressed with:Friendly and helpful staff in shops and restaurants. Very clean- no litter.
Recommend: Villa I would recommend a trip to Rovinj and also the boat trip to Venice.
Favourite villa moment: Cooking on the open fire in the barn and eating in the garden. Being with all our family and watching our three year old granddaughter enjoy the swimming pool (she named the stone bench by the pool 'Mermaid Island'.)
Stayed June 2014