Four bedroom family stone villa with garden on Hvar Island
Even though countrysidestone villas with gardens are found in abundance in inland Istria (on the northern coast of Croatia) it is rare to come across such a house close to the sea on a Dalmatian island like Hvar. This charming stone villa is such a property and offers guests the opportunity to combine a peaceful, rural, village holiday with the convenience of having the sea only 600 metres away and the resort of Stari Grad nearby.
This 3 story villa has two entrances. One entrance is via a stone staircase that leads straight to the second floor whilst the other entrance is located on ground floor level beneath the outside staircase. The ground floor consists of a bathroom directly to the left of the front door and then a corridor leads through to a large open plan kitchen/diner/lounge area. The first floor is made up of 2 double bedrooms and a shower room with toilet. The second floor also consists of 2 double bedrooms, each with their own small balconies offering distant sea views.
A superb added touch to this house is its self-contained garden situated 10 metres from the house. This garden is sometimes used by the friendly owners for a spot of gardening or cooking but is otherwise solely for guest use. There is a small stone house on one side of the grounds containing a BBQ, well-equipped kitchen and indoor dining area. Also situated within the garden is a large outdoor eating and drinking area covered in ivy and vines with wooden furniture and a large swing-chair. Guests staying at the villa can freely pick the fruit, vegetables and herbs that grow all over the garden. This villa would suit a large family or a group of friends looking to experience a blend of island and rural life in Croatia at a very reasonable price.
For more information about Hvar Island watch video.
- Distance to beach600 m
- Nearest airportSplit
- Distance to airport3-4 hours including ferry crossing.
- Nearest townStari Grad
- Distance to town2 kms
- Details on nearest shopsMini-market, restaurants and cafe/bars in Stari Grad.
- Distance to nearest shops2 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant2 kms
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 8
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 nights in July and August. 4 nights all other months. Shorty stays available on request outside of 11.07.15 - 28.08.15 with a 30% surcharge
- Arrival days: Saturday for July and August. Any day for all other dates
- Built: 1906
- Last renovated: 2004
- Area: 120m2 plus garden 300m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a stay.
- Car park: Maximum No. Cars : 1
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): A/C unit on each floor.
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Fire place
- 2xkitchens. 1 main kitchen in house plus 1 well-equipped kitchen in small house in garden.
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- Internet access
- Please note that sea-view fom top balconies is DISTANT sea-view.
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: 2 tables and chairs. Swing-chair.
- Dining room
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: Two bedrooms on 1st floor - no balconies. Top floor (2nd) bedrooms have a small balcony each.
- Number of double bedrooms: 4
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 2
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 1
- Total number of bathrooms: 3
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 600 m
- Driving time to nearest beach: 5 mins
- Nearest airport: Split
- Distance to airport: 3-4 hours including ferry crossing.
- Nearest town: Stari Grad
- Distance to town: 2 kms
- Details on nearest shops: Mini-market, restaurants and cafe/bars in Stari Grad.
- Distance to nearest shops: 2 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 2 kms
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Pet Fee:€5 per pet, per day
- Cot rental:€5 per day
- The following must be produced on arrival: Euros 300
The house was absolutely lovely, the location is a little remote but with car hire, which we were recommended, it is fine. It really is a true Croatian getaway and the hosts could not be more welcoming and hospitable. I was in love with the house and the gorgeous garden and summer kitchen, the kids loved the freedom to be able to play safely outside and we found some beautiful beaches not too far away.
Stayed June 2010