7 Bedroom property with Pool near Groznjan, Istria, Sleeps 14
This carefully renovated villa offers guests fantastic privacy, peace and quiet and stands within a large garden with covered well, enclosed by a stone wall. Split into two different houses, the property would be ideal for a large group who are looking for a range of possible activities nearby whilst having the option to relax separately.
Guests enter the property through a double gateway into a parking area. The property consists of two separate buildings, a large house suitable for ten guests and a cottage suitable for four. The entrance to the main house takes guests up a short flight of steps into a ground floor reception/games room featuring Playstation 3 as well as traditional board games and cards, which has a door leading down to the pool via an external staircase. There is a room at the bottom of the house, accessible from the pool area, which contains a table tennis set and a darts board. The rest of the ground floor is a lounge which features an impressive traditional fireplace. The lower ground floor contains the kitchen/dining area which leads out to the pool. There is also a separate toilet on this level. The first floor contains three double bedrooms which are accessible via two different staircases. All three of these bedrooms have en-suite facilities (two with shower and one with a bath) and one of the rooms also contains a walk in wardrobe. The second floor features two further double en-suite bedrooms, one with bath and one with shower.
The cottage annexe is located behind the main house. Guests enter into a hallway and on this level there is a lounge and a kitchen/dining room with French doors opening out onto a covered terrace. There is also a separate toilet on this floor. The first floor features a double bedroom and a twin bedroom, both with access to a shared family bathroom.
There is a wide variety of places to visit within the area such as the local Vineyards, the hill top towns of Motovun and Groznjan and the not to be missed local cuisine served in the local restaurants and cafes. The most famous of these eateries is the nearby “Restaurant Zigante", a world renowned truffle restaurant. Other areas of interest in Istria such as Pula and Rovinj are within easy driving distance of this property and day excursions by car are also possible. Car hire is recommended at this villa.
- Distance to beach22 km
- Nearest airportPula. Further away and also possibilities: Rijeka, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Trieste
- Distance to airport80km to Pula Airport
- Nearest townGroznjan
- Distance to town5km
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket in Sterna
- Distance to nearest shops3 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant3km
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 14
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 14
- Minimum stay: Minimum stay: 7 nights for July-August, 4 nights for all other dates.
- Arrival days: Arrival days: Saturday for July-August, any day for all other dates.
- Check-in: 16:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 1876
- Last renovated: 2012
- Area: 510m2
- Pool: Open from start of May til end of September
- Underfloor heating
- Car park: Space for 6 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Sun deck
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 12.0m x 6.0m and a 3.0m x 3.0m
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Internet: Wifi
- Tumble dryer
- iPhone docking station
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Ironing board
- Internet access
- Mosquito nets
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Chairs and table on the terrace, umbrellas and sunbeds around the pool
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- TV room
- Information on bedrooms: Full beds available for all 14 guests
- Number of double bedrooms: 5
- Total number of bedrooms: 7
- Number of twin bedrooms: 2
- Cot available: Yes (see charges section)
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 3
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 3
- Total number of bathrooms: 6
- Number of toilet only rooms: 4
Staff on site /available
- Catering services available on request. Speak with one of our consultants for further details.
Information on Location
- Information on transfers: A taxi transfer from the airport can be organised on request – please ask for details
- Distance to beach: 22 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 20 minutes
- Nearest airport: Pula. Further away and also possibilities: Rijeka, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Trieste
- Distance to airport: 80km to Pula Airport
- Nearest town: Groznjan
- Distance to town: 5km
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket in Sterna
- Distance to nearest shops: 3 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 3km
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot rental: €10 per day (paid locally)
- Pets on request: Pets are allowed on the ground floor at a cost of €25 per pet per day (paid locally)
- Events: A 15% surcharge is levied for all event bookings at this villa, with higher surcharge for weddings. Please enquire for further details.
- The following must be produced on arrival: €500
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
08 Jan. - 30 June£ 791.00 30 June - 07 July£ 791.00 07 July - 20 Aug.£ 901.00 20 Aug. - 01 Sept.£ 901.00 01 Sept. - 15 Dec.£ 791.00 15 Dec. - 01 Jan.£ 901.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. Many destinations also require tourist tax to be paid. Tourist tax starts from approximately £1 per adult per night, and £0.50 per night per child aged 12-17 at time of travel. If tourist tax is applicable to the destination you are travelling to, this will be shown in the booking process. For tourist tax payable at time of booking, the cost will be added to your subtotal. For tourist tax payable locally, the cost will be shown at time of booking and on documentation.
All bookings subject to booking fee.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Certain properties require varying payments for bookings. If payments required vary from those above, these conditions will be displayed below or advised at time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Corporate credit card payments may incur a surcharge at time of booking. There is no surcharge for personal credit or debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.Our full terms and conditions can be read here:
This is a wonderful place and combines rustic Istrian charm with modern 5* living. We were fortunate enough to have found this magical place to host our families, friends and wedding. Secluded enough to be private, central enough to be easily found, this villa and Istria will play a large part of our lives to come.
The owner was accommodating, friendly and helpful beyond belief. He made us and our families so at home. We could not have asked for a better host. His advice and knowledge of the area, food, wine etc was impeccable. This made it very difficult to leave.
Impressed with: The friendly people and the high quality of food and wine.
Not impressed with: Not many (if any) sandy beaches... although we knew that already!
Recommend: The town of Groznjan is a short drive away and is home to arts, music and has beautiful vistas. We would recommend restaurant Bastilla, which serves some of the finest food we have eaten.
Favourite villa moment: So many... Barbecueing throughout day and night Ping pong by the gorgeous pool Preparing for our wedding Nights by the fire-pit Ad-hoc football on the huge field 5 star luxury all to ourselves Drinking good, local wine into the night on the gorgeous terrace This Villa was made for favourite moments.
Stayed May/June 2015