2 bedroom seaside cottage sleeps 4 near Orebic, Peljesac Peninsula
This delightful seaside cottage is located in the village of Mokolo near Orebic on the Peljesac Peninsula. With its attractive, spacious and comfortable interior, the villa makes a perfect location for those looking to escape from it all, yet be within a short stroll from the beach.
The villa is approached along a country road with parking available underneath the property. Steps located to the side of the cottage open into a spacious open plan living room/diner/kitchen with, at one end, doors leading out onto a terrace with views of Sveti Ilija Mountain, whilst at the opposite end a door leads out onto a terrace with mountain views towards Postup. There is also a separate bathroom on this level. An outside staircase leads up to the second floor which features a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a second double bedroom with doors leading out onto an upper terrace offering sea and mountain views.
The beach is a short walk away where there is also a Tikki bar and restaurant overlooking the sea. Being in the heart of Peljesac wine country, a visit to a vineyard is recommended. Some of the best red wines Croatia has to offer originate from this region. Other recommendations include a visit to the medieval city of Korcula on Korcula Island, a daytrip to the National Park of Mljet Island as well as day trips to Dubrovnik or Mostar. Activities in the area include learning to sail with a sailing school in Korcula, or taking to the waves at the surfing school in nearby Viganj.
- Distance to beach75 m
- Nearest airportDubrovnik Airport
- Distance to airportApproximately 2.5 hours drive
- Nearest townOrebic
- Distance to town10 minutes by car
- Distance to bus stop5 minutes by car
- Details on nearest shopsKonzum supermarket in Orebic
- Distance to nearest restaurantLess than 5 minutes walk to nearest restaurant
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 4
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 5
- Minimum stay: 4 nights for all dates
- Arrival days: Any day for all dates
- Check-in: 15:00 - 19:00
- Check-out: 11:00
- Built: 2011
- Area: 150m2
- Sea view from balcony on top floor
- Back garden is a patio garden.
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Weekly
- Car park: Parking for a 2 cars is available in the garage under the cottage.
- Sea view
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Video/DVD/BluRay library
- Hair dryer
- Ironing board
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: A table and 4 chairs, lounge chairs, hammock and a dining table positioned across the various terraces
- Dining room
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: The 5th bed is a pull out single bed measuring 80cm x 190cm. This can be put in any room
- Number of double bedrooms: 2
- Total number of bedrooms: 2
- Cot available: A cot is available
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 2
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 2
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 75 m
- Nearest airport: Dubrovnik Airport
- Distance to airport: Approximately 2.5 hours drive
- Nearest town: Orebic
- Distance to town: 10 minutes by car
- Distance to bus stop: 5 minutes by car
- Details on nearest shops: Konzum supermarket in Orebic
- Restaurant within walking distance
- Distance to nearest restaurant: Less than 5 minutes walk to nearest restaurant
- On the seaside
- Distance from the sea: 75 m
- Bus available
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- Cot charged at €5 per day up to €50 per rental, payable locally
- The following must be produced on arrival: €200
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
01 Jan. - 01 Apr.£ 51.00 01 Apr. - 01 June£ 64.00 01 June - 01 July£ 92.00 01 July - 01 Sept.£ 136.00 01 Sept. - 01 Oct.£ 92.00 01 Oct. - 01 Nov.£ 64.00 01 Nov. - 01 Jan.£ 51.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. For rentals in Croatia an additional tourist tax applies of 92 pence per adult per night. Children ages 12-17 pay 50% of this amount. There is no tourist tax charge for children under 12.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Credit card payments (Visa or Mastercard) incur a credit card fee of 2% of the total amount of your booking. There is no surcharge for Debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.
Our full terms and conditions can be read here:
Very good value and so pleased with our choice.
Impressed with: Coastline.
Recommend: A trip to Korcula Island was nice .
Favourite villa moment: Watching the sunset from the balcony and eating from the large stone table. Lying in the shady garden on the hammock.
Stayed August 2015
To be honest, I can't fault the service provided or the location, amenities or accommodation. The sales staff that I initially spoke with were very friendly, informative and very professional. The accommodation only added to the superb service already experienced. It was a beautiful location and certainly more than we expected.
We were met by the caretaker - she was extremely friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable - without being overbearing or intrusive. She advised that she was available if we had any problems or issues. It was the perfect blend.
It was a beautiful location with superb amenities - more than we expected. It was a beautiful experience.
Impressed with: We would absolutely, definitely, without a doubt revist Croatia! The views were absolutely spectacular. The bays and coves were spectacular and the sea was so clean and clear. Also, I wasn't a fan of pebble beaches previously, but absolutely love them now! No more sand!!! Oh, and Croatian beer - it's beautiful!!! Absolute convert!!!
Not impressed with: The drive was a little long to get to the villa - but this was a combination of us flying into Split and not realising how quick the ferry to/from Ploce was (also, I didn't take into account how calm the sea was - I get motion sickness so was a bit dubious about getting the ferries!). I can't say that we were unimpressed by anything in Croatia, only extremely impressed by all the views, people, and infrastructure.
Recommend: We were not aware of how cheap the ferries were when island hopping - so if perhaps we had been more aware of this, we would have used these more and travelled a little further around. The bar on the beach in Mokola served superb pizza and were very friendly. The recommendations left in the information book at the accommodation were extremely helpful along with the information guides and maps. We visited some of the recommended areas/restaurants etc and can only concur with those recommendations - beautiful!
Favourite villa moment: When we arrived. We had not booked a holiday via an internet site before so were a little dubious that the property we had booked may not live up to the info advertised or our expectations. The villa completely exceeded this. Also, resting in the garden on the sun lounger late pm!!
Stayed August 2013
Very positive experience. Very nice house with excellent location. Had to get used to having to go outside to get upstairs ;-)
Impressed with: Nature
Not impressed with: Food was very similar to Italy. More local dishes would be a nice extra.
Favourite villa moment: View from balcony on first floor towards Orebic and mountain top.
Stayed July 2013