Two bedroom villa on the Island of Host near Vis town, sleeps 3-5
The opportunity to rent a villa on your own island could be considered the ultimate getaway. Such an opportunity is available at this 2 bedroom villa on the island of Host, situated next to Vis Island at the entrance of Vis town harbour. What’s more, not only are you able to live your ‘dream island holiday’, the price for doing so is surprisingly affordable.
The Island of Host, which is mostly covered by a pine forest, is approximately 350m x 200m with a footpath running down one side of the island. Guests arrive by boat to a dock located on the islands western side where boat mooring is available. There is approximately a 300m walk down a gravel path along the length of the island to where the villa is located. The villa is a former lighthouse consisting of an octagonal stone tower with ground floor living accommodation. Surrounding the building is a spacious walled terrace with seating and sea views. The ground floor accommodation consists of a main hallway, a lounge with 2 separate sofa beds for up to 2 adults, a kitchen/dining room, a double bedroom with en-suite shower room and a single bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Beach access is available 10m below the villa down the slope. Swimming pool style steps are provided for entry into and out of the water. A similar area for entry into the sea is offered near the boat docking area.
This very special accommodation would suit the more adventurous types looking for a fun and unique villa holiday experience. The island features ruins and an underwater archaeological site and is therefore interesting to divers. For those that like to remain above the water there are always the fabulous sunsets and views to enjoy along with a whole island to explore. Taxi journeys to and from Vis town are also possible with one day's notice. On arrival, guests will also be met by a local representative who will help with all information, including nearest grocery shops, before assisting with the transfer to the island.
Additional Island information and Practicalities
Under Croatian law, the beach and sea cannot be declared ‘private’, therefore Host Island is not a private island. However, there are no other houses on the island and it is not a tourist island, so visitors are rare. Occasional visitors may include local fishermen who come near to fish (although they would very rarely leave their boats), or locals may come to one of the coastal spots for a swim/sunbathe. Generally locals don’t come to the island when guests are there. The area within the stone walls surrounding the property is private and for guest use only.
- Distance to beach10 m
- Nearest airportSplit
- Distance to airport3-4 hrs drive including ferry crossing time + 5-10 minute taxi boat transfer to island
- Nearest townVis Town
- Distance to town5-10 minute boat transfer to Vis town
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket, bakeries, post office, tourist centres to book excursions located in Vis town
- Distance to nearest restaurant 5-10 minute boat transfer. A selection of restaurants are available in Vis town
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 3
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 5
- Minimum stay: 7 nights in July & August. 3 nights for all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday in July & August. Any day for all other dates
- Check-in: 12:30
- Check-out: 09:30
- Built: 1873
- Last renovated: 2012
- Area: Villa: 100m2
- Fans: 2 provided
- Boat Mooring: Mooring available for up to 6m boat
- Arrival and departure transfers to and from Vis town are included in the price. Journey time is approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Boat mooring (on request)
- Sea view
- Fans provided
- Wifi available via USB stick provided locally.
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Video/DVD/BluRay library
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Deck chairs, coffee table, outside lounge chairs, wooden dining table, parasols and bench style seating.
- Kitchen table
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: Sofa bed for 2 in the lounge
- Number of double bedrooms: 1
- Total number of bedrooms: 2
- Number of single bedrooms: 1
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 2
Information on Location
- Distance to nearest shops : 5-10 minute boat transfer to Vis town
- Distance to beach: 10 m
- Nearest airport: Split
- Distance to airport: 3-4 hrs drive including ferry crossing time + 5-10 minute taxi boat transfer to island
- Nearest town: Vis Town
- Distance to town: 5-10 minute boat transfer to Vis town
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket, bakeries, post office, tourist centres to book excursions located in Vis town
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 5-10 minute boat transfer. A selection of restaurants are available in Vis town
- On the seaside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Maid/Cleaning: Additional cleaning can be arranged with advance notice at €7 per hour + transport costs of €30, payable locally.
- The following must be produced on arrival: €150
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
01 Apr. - 30 May£ 114.00 30 May - 04 July£ 193.00 04 July - 29 Aug.£ 245.00 29 Aug. - 03 Oct.£ 193.00 03 Oct. - 01 Nov.£ 114.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. For rentals in Croatia an additional tourist tax applies of 92 pence per adult per night. Children ages 12-17 pay 50% of this amount. There is no tourist tax charge for children under 12.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Credit card payments (Visa or Mastercard) incur a credit card fee of 2% of the total amount of your booking. There is no surcharge for Debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.
Our full terms and conditions can be read here: