Three bedroom Istrian country cottage with pool in Divsici near Vodnjan
This delightful country cottage is situated in the village of Divsici which is approximately a 10 minute drive to the Medieval town of Vodnjan with its excellent selection of restaurants. The cottage is decorated in a traditional country style and the sunny spot it occupies is perfect for relaxing by the pool with your favourite refreshment whilst topping up your tan.
The property is approached down a country lane where guests enter a private driveway. Entry into the villa is from the garden directly into the lounge featuring an Istrian Stone Fireplace. An open doorway from the lounge leads to an open plan kitchen/diner. Doors from the kitchen also lead out into the garden. There is also a toilet on this level. Stairs from the lounge lead to the first floor which features two double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room), a twin bedroom and a further separate shower room. The garden contains a pool and covered outdoor BBQ and dining area.
Car hire is recommended when staying at this villa and the cottage is located within a short drive of the historical towns of Svetvincenat and Vodnjan as well as the coastal towns of Pula, Rovinj and Peroj and the Islands of Brijuni. Other areas of interest of Istria are within easy driving distance of this property and so day excursions are also possible.
- Distance to beach16 km
- Nearest airportPula (nearest), Trieste, Rijeka , Zagreb are also possibilities
- Distance to airport17km to Pula airport
- Nearest townVodnjan
- Distance to town8km
- Details on nearest shopsVariety of shops in Vodnjan
- Distance to nearest shops8 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant8km in Vodnjan
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 6
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 6
- Minimum stay: 7 nights from late June to early September. 3 nights for all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday from late June to early September. Any day for all other dates
- Check-in: 15:00 - 19:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 1903
- Last renovated: 2006
- Area: Villa: 120m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a week
- Car park: Space for 2 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sun deck
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): In all bedrooms
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 8.0m x 4.0m
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Sunbeds around the pool area
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- Number of double bedrooms: 2
- Total number of bedrooms: 3
- Number of twin bedrooms: 1
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 2
- Number of toilet only rooms: 1
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 16 km
- Nearest airport: Pula (nearest), Trieste, Rijeka , Zagreb are also possibilities
- Distance to airport: 17km to Pula airport
- Nearest town: Vodnjan
- Distance to town: 8km
- Details on nearest shops: Variety of shops in Vodnjan
- Distance to nearest shops: 8 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 8km in Vodnjan
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- Clients arriving between 9pm – 11pm will be charged €40 late arrival fee, payable locally. Arrivals after 11pm will not be accepted
- Pets: €10 per pet per day
- The following must be produced on arrival: €300
Excellent/Good. Highly recommended if you have hired a car, or know of a few reasonable taxi companies to help with travelling around.
Airport Desk: There is no desk at Pula Airport, so you need to correct this detail. We were told to head to this desk, but it didn't exist! Fortunately, the rep was there to help us out. Wasps: As there is a big issue with Wasps around the property, it would have been useful to have had some advice on how to handle this issue upon arrival. Fortunately, our rep was at hand to recommend a few techniques to keep them at bay.
Read all documents carefully and confirm details such as: Deposit upon arrival at villa/expectations when you arrive at airport
Local rep was excellent, she really took care of us as a group and went above and beyond. Please pass on our thanks to her; our stay wouldn't have been the same without her.
Impressed with:Its Beauty and the friendliness/ helpfulness of the majority of people.
Not impressed with: The Vodnjanka Restaurant were not particularly friendly or welcoming to our party. We felt very uncomfortable!
Recommend: The restaurant Luna Sol delivered excellent food to us.
Favourite villa moment: Barbequing and relaxing by the pool comfortably (after discovering how to keep the swarms of wasps at bay!)
Stayed August/September 2013
Everything was fine. From midweek onwards the grass got quite long and therefore bees and wasps were quite "busy" in the grass...so one cut in between would have been super and would have made it a lot easier (and less painful) for the kids playing in the grass. 2) Mosquito nets for the main windows would bring a big plus in comfort (mosquito plague/ lack of ventilation).
Impressed with: East coast, Rovinj.
Not impressed with: The bigger, busier beaches around Fazana
Favourite villa moment: Grill at fireplace/ at the pool
Stayed August 2013