Luxurious 6 Bedroom Villa in Oprtalj, Istria
This luxurious 6 bedroom villa located in the pretty village of Oprtalj is situated on the crest of a hill and offers stunning views of the Mirna valley and surrounding countryside. The area is famous for its wine, olive and truffles and the property lies within easy access of Livade village and Restaurant Zigante, one of Croatia ’s finest dining establishments featuring a number of signature truffle dishes including truffle ice cream. The hill top town of Motovun with its famous annual film festival is 11km away.
Guests approach the property through the village and into a gated driveway. Sloped access is provided from the driveway down to the main entrance of the house which opens into the ground floor entrance hall. On this level there is a double bedroom with en suite bathroom adapted for disabled use (wide door, roll in, roll out shower plus lowered sinks and mirrors). There is also an open plan kitchen with dining table and large lounge with access to a balcony offering spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. A separate toilet is located off the entrance hallway.*
The first floor features four double bedrooms. Three of the double bedrooms have en-suite shower facilities whilst the fourth double bedroom features an en-suite bathroom and French doors leading out onto a pretty balcony with country views. The second floor features a master bedroom with four poster bed and en-suite bathroom.
The lower ground level offers large floor to ceiling windows with views of the Mirna Valley below, and a large traditional dining room ‘Konoba’ with fireplace and separate toilet. A gym and Finnish sauna are also available at the property. Outside guests can enjoy a large pool and separate terrace with stunning views and dining/barbeque facilities. Due to its size and the facilities offered, the property would suit a groups of friends or families who wish to stay in an elegant property in a picturesque location. It is particularly suited to special occasions and reunions. Car hire is recommended.
*Only the ground floor is accessible by wheelchair.
- Distance to beach32 km
- Nearest airportPula
- Distance to airport75km
- Nearest townBuje
- Distance to town17km
- Details on nearest shopsSmall supermarket
- Distance to nearest shops200 m
- Distance to nearest restaurant200m
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 12
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 12
- Minimum stay: 7 nights for mid-June to early September, 4 nights for all other dates.
- Arrival days: Saturday for mid-June to early September, any day for all other dates.
- Check-in: 15:00-19:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 1890
- Last renovated: 2008
- Area: 380m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Weekly
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): Space for 2 cars.
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 55m2
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Video/DVD/BluRay library
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- TV room
- Information on bedrooms: All bedrooms en-suite.
- Number of double bedrooms: 6
- Total number of bedrooms: 6
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 4
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 8
- Number of toilet only rooms: 2
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 32 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 35 minutes
- Nearest airport: Pula
- Distance to airport: 75km
- Nearest town: Buje
- Distance to town: 17km
- Details on nearest shops: Small supermarket
- Distance to nearest shops: 200 m
- Restaurant within walking distance
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 200m
- Car recommended
- Provision of linen/towels
- Pet fee: €10 per pet, per day (payable locally).
- The following must be produced on arrival: €400
Caretaker was extremely helpful and communicative. Regrettably the Jacuzzi and the steam room were both out of operation for our stay.
Impressed with:Oprtalj, istria is unspoilt Tuscany
Villa Comment: The main water pipe passing under the wellness zone incurred a leak; we lost 1000l of water during two weeks. The part of the spa area including the Jacuzzi and steam room were out of order. The Jacuzzi tub was soaked, with water penetrating from under the mosaic tiles and insulation. Because of that the Chloride / Ph values were not at the correct level and we couldn't take any risk. As it happened in the middle of the season, we could not react in time, the repair is going to take 20 days. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Repairs will be carried out over winter.
Stayed August/September 2014