Korcula Island villa with pool sleeps 6-8
This appealing traditional stone built villa, consists of a main house and two separate annexes (one of which is a kitchen and the other a double bedroom) is set in one of Korcula’s greenest areas in the quintessentially rural village of Smokvica. The villa is set on a hillside location surrounded by vineyards and offers fantastic views of the Adriatic sea. Guests staying here will experience laid back traditional island life surrounded by stunning scenery.
The villa is built on the side of a hill above Smokvica and is approached from the main road, down a narrow gravel street and into a car parking area located at the upper rear of the villa. Stairs from the upper car park lead down one side of the house to the pool area and main entrance to the villa. There is also a second staircase leading down to a small terrace overlooking a courtyard and a separate annex consisting of a double bedroom with study area and separate toilet.
Guests enter through double doors which lead into the double bedroom where a 2nd door opens out onto a second small terrace followed by stairs leading down to the shaded courtyard with generous sized dining table + bench seating. On one side of the terrace is a separate kitchen with open fireplace whilst opposite there is the main building. Guests enter the main house into the upper part which features a double bedroom (twin beds pushed together) and a twin bedroom. Both bedroom have doors opening out onto a shared terrace with village and sea views plus they overlook the pool.There is also a separate shower room on this level.
Downstairs features a spacious lounge with separate shower room and doors opening out onto a ground floor terrace and pool area, accessed by crossing a small path. The pool area can also be accessed via an outside staircase from the upper courtyard.
The area serves delicious food and the local white wine 'Posip' is highly recommended. Car hire is recommended when staying at this villa. The nearest beach is at Brna Bay, 4kms away where there are a handful of restaurants, cafes and pebble beaches. Bikes, Kayaks and windsurfers are all available to rent from Brna town. The beach at nearby Istruga Bay has a popular sandy beach and is renowned for its healing mud with curative powers so it is claimed. There is a daily catamaran service from nearby Vela Luka to Hvar island.
- Distance to beach3.5 km
- Nearest airportDubrovnik
- Distance to airportApproximately 3.5 hours
- Nearest townBlato
- Distance to town10km
- Distance to bus stop300m
- Frequency of buses3 times a day
- Distance to nearest shops300 m
- Distance to nearest restaurant300 meters to Pizzeria and 3 kms to other restaurants
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 6
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 days for late June to late August. 4 nights for all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday for late June to late August. Any day for all other dates
- Check-in: 16:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: End of 19th century
- Last renovated: 2011
- Area: 120m2
- Fans: 1
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Weekly
- Car park: Space for 1 car
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Sun deck
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): Unit in the middle of the staircase of main house which cools this main villa section. Annexe bedroom is also equipped with an air conditioning unit
- Fans provided
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 6.0m x 3.0m
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Washing machine
- Hair dryer
- Cable TV
- Ironing board
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Table, 2 recliners and 4 chairs around the pool. Two tables and 4 chairs on the balcony. In the courtyard approximately 8 chairs and 2 benches
- Dining room
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: 2 additional beds to sleep 1 adult each located in the living room
- Number of double bedrooms: 1
- Total number of bedrooms: 3
- Number of twin bedrooms: 2
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 2
- Number of toilet only rooms: 1
Staff on site /available
- Maid can be arranged on request
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 3.5 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 10 minutes
- Nearest airport: Dubrovnik
- Distance to airport: Approximately 3.5 hours
- Nearest town: Blato
- Distance to town: 10km
- Distance to bus stop: 300m
- Distance to nearest shops: 300 m
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 300 meters to Pizzeria and 3 kms to other restaurants
- Bus available
- Car recommended
- Frequency of buses: 3 times a day
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- Pet: Charge €40 per week per pet
- The following must be produced on arrival: €300
Very happy with the service all round
Impressed with: We have now visited Croatia 5 separate times, all different places. Absolutely love the country, scenery, coastline, food, value for money, good weather, culture, history etc. etc. It's also so clean in comparison to some other south eastern European countries.
Recommend: Korcula old town lovely restaurants, but 35 minutes from the villa
Favourite villa moment: Relaxing at the pool, with the wonderful view out to sea.
Stayed: July/August 2016
It is a lovely quiet villa in a beautiful village. The plants, terrace and balcony were really nice. The views are absolutely spectacular. The neighbours were friendly and we enjoyed everything about it. The car parking area is steep and quite tight, so people may struggle a bit with a very large car.
Impressed with: wonderful scenery, great history, nice people, very easy, fantastic swimming.
Recommend: The local beaches are all lovely. Korcula is not to be missed. And taking a trip to an island is well worthwhile, spectacular nature, views, peace and quiet and swimming. The pizzeria in the village is really nice and very cheap.
Favourite villa moment: Standing on the balcony looking over the vineyards, hills and out to the Adriatic.
Stayed September 2015
Read more reviews
Excellent. The location is great if you want a quiet, secluded holiday and don't require direct beach access. Having our own pool was perfect, and the view was beautiful. The only downside was that the pool temperature was too cold to really swim in it. Would be helpful to have it solar heated. The villa itself was perfectly arranged with lovely decor - we felt very at home. We enjoyed our time at the villa immensely!
The caretaker was very friendly and approachable.
Impressed with: Coastline and islands
Favourite villa moment: Lying by the pool
Stayed September 2013
The only problem was the lack of sun loungers around the pool. There were six adults in our group but only two sun loungers, we were provided with two more from the lady managing the property which was gratefully appreciated and there was no more room around the pool for more.
We were under the impression that we had to leave the property by 10am on departure day, but we were told the night before that we had to be out by 9am?????
Truly beautiful location, stunning views and wonderful property with everything you could possibly require. Money well spent.
Lovely company and very prompt response to any enquiries
Impressed with: Beautiful country with stunning views.
Favourite villa moment: Discovering the bells......bells and more bells
Villa Comments: Following the valued comment of our guests, we shall be making available to our future guest additional deck chairs. Regarding the early departure, in fact it was our mistake, and we would like to apologise.
Stayed August 2013
Owner was very very helpful and nice!!For the third room, it is true that air conditioning could have been nice, as we faced a few days of heat (40°C). And a closer bathroom. But we understand this is not as easy...
Impressed with: Great landscape, beautiful sea, nice people! Very good figs and olives !
Recommend: Pupnatska luka/ great beach! There was a great seafood restaurant in Brna with a very nice guy !
Favourite villa moment: Playing in the pool with the children.
Villa Comment: An air-conditioning unit has been installed in the 3rd bedroom for 2013.
Stayed August 2012