Stunning 4 bedroom villa with pool in Zavala, Hvar Island
This stunning four bedroom villa is located in the picturesque seaside village of Zavala on Hvar Island’s unspoilt southern coast. The villa would make a wonderful retreat for a family or group of friends looking to stay in a comfortably furnished villa on one of Croatia’s most popular islands.
To access the villa, if arriving at Stari Grad, guests make their way towards Sv. Nedelja, Ivan Dolac and Zavala at one point travelling through a man-made tunnel before descending down to the village of Zavala. The villa is located off a small village road.
There is space for a car in the driveway which leads up to the property. From the parking area it is a short flight of steps to the lower terrace where an oval shaped pool with sun loungers and a shaded outdoor dining area are located. From here guests enter into the ground floor lounge followed by 3 steps up to the country style kitchen / indoor dining area.
At one end of the kitchen there is a utility room and separate shower room. The first floor features a double bedroom with en-suite shower room and sea facing terrace, two further double bedrooms, and a family bathroom with roll top bath and shower.
From the first floor hallway, a set of doors opens onto an upper terrace (with steps down to the lower terrace). From the upper terrace guests can access a further double bedroom with en-suite shower featuring exposed stone walls. This bedroom also features a spacious dressing room. At the other end of this terrace there is a smaller outdoor gazebo eating area and delightful summer kitchen offering views to die for from the kitchen sink!
The villa has been beautifully and lovingly decorated throughout with choice handmade furniture pieces and ceramic fittings supplied by Fired Earth
Car hire is recommended at this villa. Within Zavala village there are several splendid pebble/shingle beaches lapped by truly turquoise water. Petrascica beach, a beach with a cave and Zavala’s best kept secret is worth spending the afternoon at. For details on ferry times to Hvar Island please visit the www.jadrolinija.hr website. For further assistance on planning your journey to Hvar please speak with one of our consultants.
- Distance to beach500 m
- Nearest airportSplit airport
- Distance to airport3-4 hours including ferry crossing.
- Nearest townJelsa
- Distance to town20 minutes by car.
- Distance to bus stop100m
- Details on nearest shopsMinimarket in Zavala
- Distance to nearest restaurant400 metres
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 8
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 nights for July and August. 3 nights for all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday for July and August. Any day for all other dates
- Check-in: from 15:00
- Check-out: by 11:00
- Built: 1893
- Last renovated: 2011
- Area: 220m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a week
- Car park: Space for 2 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Sun deck
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): A/C units are located in the en-suite bedroom in the main house and in the separate guest bedroom annexe located on the upper terrace.
- Fans provided
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 7.0m x 5.0m at widest point
- Pool private to the property
- US style fridge. Majority of appliances are Miele.
- Washing machine
- Pizza oven
- Ironing board
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Dining table and chairs for 8 on lower terrace and for 6 on upper terrace. 2 sun loungers on lower terrace.
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- Number of double bedrooms: 4
- Total number of bedrooms: 4
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 3
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 1
- Total number of bathrooms: 4
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 500 m
- Driving time to nearest beach: 5 minutes
- Nearest airport: Split airport
- Distance to airport: 3-4 hours including ferry crossing.
- Nearest town: Jelsa
- Distance to town: 20 minutes by car.
- Distance to bus stop: 100m
- Details on nearest shops: Minimarket in Zavala
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 400 metres
- On the seaside
- Bus available
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- The following must be produced on arrival: €300
The place is a beautiful property and the interior is top quality. Very impressed with the place. There were 6 of us staying and we loved it. Highly recommended. Very nice, no help required as everything just worked.
Impressed with: The coastline and the natural beauty
Not impressed with: Nothing, we were all very impressed
Recommend: Local cocktail bar down by the beach and also the local villagee restaurant Davos (I think) in Zavala. Had the best steak I've ever had there.
Favourite villa moment: Diving into the pool when we first arrived around midnight!
Stayed August - September 2015
Very nice place, tasteful decor, helpful housekeeper etc. It’s only a dishwasher missing.
Impressed with: Climate, Beautiful landscape, clear water
Recommend: Yes several restaurants : Skalinada for example
Stayed June 2014
The AC unit in the second master bedroom could do with replacing. It barely works. Nights were uncomfortable and our sleep was disturbed due to abundant Mosquitos and it being too hot with the windows closed.
Impressed with: Crystal water, pretty villages.
Not impressed with: Variable food. Grumpy waiters.
Recommend: Davon restaurant down by the water has lovely local wine and good food.
Favourite villa moment: Moonlight on the balcony.
Villa Comments: We checked the A/C units and both are working perfectly we tested them after we received your email, they were both set on 24 degrees. The 2 remotes were both in the upper terrace bedroom, one had its back off and the batteries had run out (there are spare batteries in a drawer in the lounge area) so they could have replaced them. It was not mentioned to the caretaker that the A/C units were not working.
There have been a lot of mozzies this year, a lot of rain and humidity brings them out but there are loads of plug in mozzy killers available for their use.
Stayed September 2014