Hvar Island Stone Cottage Sleeps 7
Located on one of the highest points on Hvar Island, this delightful stone cottage retreat offers guests magnificent panoramic views of the countryside along with the island of Brac and the mainland resort of Makarska in the distance. These stunning view are set against the backdrop of the sparkling waters of the Adriatic. This picturesque setting would suit a family or friends looking for a peaceful and relaxing outdoor style holiday with possibilities for physical activities (walking, cycling).
Upon leaving the main road, guests drive uphill for approximately 5-10 minutes towards the abandoned shepherd’s village of Humac where the cottage is located. A driveway is located to the rear of the cottage. A short path from the parking area leads to the sea facing front garden which features a raised sunbathing platform, an outdoor dining table with bench style seating and a covered terrace. Guests enter the cottage into an open plan traditional dining/kitchen area with separate triple room (double and single bed) and separate shower room. A quadruple galleried bedroom (1 double and 2 x single beds) with compact lounge area is located on the first floor.
Car hire is recommended when staying at this property. Within a short walking distance of the cottage is a traditional ‘Konoba’ (similar to a tavern) restaurant offering regional specialities sourced from local ingredients, especially popular is the organic lamb and the freshly caught Octopus. The nearby beaches are located within 10 minutes drive down the hill from the cottage. A visit to the fascinating Grapceva Caves situated in Humac village can be organised.
Cave tours run approximately 3 times per week during the holiday period and cost around Euros 5 per person payable locally. Please speak with the property manager for further details. Four bikes are included in the price to be used at customers’ own risk, please ensure you are adequately insured if you wish to use the bikes. Nearest towns are Jelsa and Vrboska approximately 10-15 minutes away by car. For further information on Hvar Island please visit our Croatia Guide to Hvar Island.
- Distance to beach5 km
- Nearest airportSplit
- Distance to airport3-4 hrs drive including ferry crossing time.
- Nearest townJelsa
- Distance to town10km
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket, bakeries in Jelsa.
- Distance to nearest shops10 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant100m
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 7
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 7
- Minimum stay: 3 nights for all dates.
- Arrival days: Any day for all dates.
- Check-in: 13:00
- Check-out: 11:00
- Built: 1950
- Last renovated: 2012
- Area: 500m2. Includes outside space in pine forest.
- 2 fans provided
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a week
- Car park: Space for 5 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Sun deck
- Fans provided
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Fire place
- 2 ring gas hob available. The property is solar powered and the use of a hairdryer and other electrical items are not possible. Solar power can only run the fridge, lights and the water pump.
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Deck chairs and table with bench style seating for outdoor eating. Small lounge area located to one side of quadruple room on 1st floor.
- Dining room
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: Triple room on ground floor contains a double bed and a single bed. Quadruple room on first floor contains a double bed and 2 x single beds.
- Number of triple bedrooms: 1
- Total number of bedrooms: 2
- Number of quadruple bedrooms: 1
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 3
- Number of bath/shower rooms which have a toilet: 2
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 5 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 10 minutes
- Nearest airport: Split
- Distance to airport: 3-4 hrs drive including ferry crossing time.
- Nearest town: Jelsa
- Distance to town: 10km
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket, bakeries in Jelsa.
- Distance to nearest shops: 10 km
- Restaurant within walking distance
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 100m
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Pet Fee: No additional charge for pets
- Cot rental: Cot/crib on request, no additional charge.
- The following must be produced on arrival: €150