Three bedroom typical Dalmatian stone villa with pool near Split
This delightful Dalmatian stone villa is located approximately 25 minutes away from the city of Split and offers magnificent views of the surrounding countryside and the Adriatic sea in the distance. The interior is decorated in a rustic ‘homely’ style and the property is set in 3000 square meters of garden, woodland, courtyards and a lovely pool area where you can relax and enjoy the breathtaking setting.The villa can be taken with a chef service which can either be pre-booked or payable locally. For details of this please charges section below.
The villa is approached along a gravel road and is entered via a staircase which leads up into a terrace area which contains a table and chairs. The entrance into the accommodation is accessed from the terrace and guests enter into a spacious living room complete with stone fireplace. An archway at one end of the sitting room leads into an open plan kitchen/dining area. A doorway from the kitchen leads out into a hallway containing a central staircase. There is also a bathroom with shower located off the hallway. Stairs to the first floor lead directly into a salon which leads into two double bedrooms, each with a sea view facing terrace. There is also a large family bathroom located on this level. On the second floor guests enter into a double bedroom with terrace and sea view and there is an additional lounge annexe which features a sofa bed which can accommodate one adult or two small children. The surrounding outdoor areas contain a lovely shady courtyard with large dining table and separate BBQ area and a further garden area and outside shower room. The pool area offers guests magnificent country and sea views.
The villa offers guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing and peaceful holiday as well as providing an excellent base from which to explore the surrounding region including the city of Split itself as well as nearby islands such as Brac and Hvar which can be visited on excursions or day trips. Other areas worth visiting and located within easy driving distance include the UNESCO protected town of Trogir, the Makarska Riviera with its fine beaches as well as the Roman City of Salona to name but a few.
- Distance to beach5 km
- Nearest airport Split. Zadar also a possibility.
- Distance to airport25km to Split airport.
- Nearest townSplit
- Distance to town15km
- Distance to bus stop2km
- Frequency of busesEvery 30 minutes
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket
- Distance to nearest shops2 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant2km
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 6
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 nights in July and August. 3 nights all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday for July and August. Any day all other dates
- Check-in: 15:00
- Check-out: 09:00
- Built: 19th Century
- Last renovated: 2006
- Area: 3,000m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Weekly.
- Car park: Space for 3 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Sun deck
- Pool size: 9.5m x 4.0m
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Internet access on request
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Wooden table can seat up to 12 persons on wooden benches.
- Dining room
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- TV room
- Information on bedrooms: There is a sofa-bed in the study room for one adult or 2 children under 12 years.
- Number of double bedrooms: 3
- Total number of bedrooms: 3
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 2
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 1
- Total number of bathrooms: 3
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 5 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 10 minutes
- Nearest airport: Split. Zadar also a possibility.
- Distance to airport: 25km to Split airport.
- Nearest town: Split
- Distance to town: 15km
- Distance to bus stop: 2km
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket
- Distance to nearest shops: 2 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 2km
- Bus available
- Car recommended
- Frequency of buses: Every 30 minutes
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Pre-paid chef option to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner is £80 per day or Euros 150 payable locally
- Pre-paid option is for minimum 7days duration. For every 7 days paid for chef takes one day off. So guests much pay for 7 days and will have the use of a chef for 6 days
- Internet: On request
- Price for chef option is for chef service only. Food and drink is additional and is payable locally upon presentation of receipt
- Pre-paid chef option to serve breakfast only is £27 per day or Euros 50 payable locally
- Pre-paid chef option to serve breakfast plus lunch or dinner is £65 per day or Euros 120 payable locally
- The following must be produced on arrival: €300
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
01 Jan. - 01 May£ 130.00 01 May - 01 June£ 160.00 01 June - 01 July£ 191.00 01 July - 01 Sept.£ 290.00 01 Sept. - 01 Oct.£ 191.00 01 Oct. - 01 Nov.£ 160.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. For rentals in Croatia an additional tourist tax applies of 92 pence per adult per night. Children ages 12-17 pay 50% of this amount. There is no tourist tax charge for children under 12.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Credit card payments (Visa or Mastercard) incur a credit card fee of 2% of the total amount of your booking. There is no surcharge for Debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.
Our full terms and conditions can be read here:
Had read about the company in The Times. The road leading to the property is extremely steep and narrow, a nervous and/or inexperienced driver would have serious problems negotiating the route. Owner was delightful, willing to do anything to make ones stay comfortable.
Impressed with: Beautiful coastline, wonderful contrasting mountainous interior, many cultural sites of interest and a friendly population.
Recommend: Loved the towns of Trogir, Sibenik, the island of Brac, the national park Krka.
Favourite villa moment: Views of the island of Brac from the terrace.
Stayed June 2016
Excellent-Good. It really is quite remote confident driving skills necessary. Very nice people, very kind and helpful.
A very friendly service, personal care taken and direct phone conversations (with Croatian Villas) which I appreciate.
Impressed with:How easy and pleasant it is and friendly people. Also the landscape and sea incredibly beautiful
Not impressed with: Mosquitoes.. but they are an international nuisance.
Recommend: Day trip to Orsi evening dinners at the beach restaurants
Favourite villa moment: The thunderstorm at night.
Stayed August 2013
We hugely enjoyed our time at the Villa. It has a wonderful location on terraces on a hillside. Visitors should ideally be aware that (a) the road to the property is steep and narrow so ideally the car should not be too wide or (especially) long to aid turning, (b) there may be friendly cats which could be a problem to someone allergic to cat hairs and (c) there is another house immediately behind the villa, though the occupiers were very quiet and discreet and we never even met them.
Owner was exceptionally helpful. She guided us to the property, gave us a free supper on arrival and helped us with places to see and restaurants to try. She was most friendly, helpful and welcoming.
The only problem was that the directions for meeting the owner to find the villa were misleading. They described a turning opposite a hotel which was actually more than a mile from the turning. As a result we had a difficult time finding the owner until a local restaurant gave us a map. Like the owner herself, we strongly recommend you to supply a simple local map to help those arriving - and certainly to change and expand the directions.
Thank you very much for facilitating a great holiday.
Impressed with: Combination of warmth, friendly people, islands, good food and old towns and villages.
Not impressed with: In major tourist sites like Split and Dubrovnik it is as expensive as France or Italy.
Recommend: Sitting on the terrace in the shade of kiwi plants looking at the view.
Favourite villa moment: Sitting at night on the top patio, proximity to the sea, spaciousness of the facilities
Croatian Villas Comments: We have updated the directions as per your suggestion.
Stayed August 2013