4 Bedroom Istrian House with Pool in Smolici, sleeps 8
This charming country house is situated in the heart of the Istrian countryside. With its delightful garden and outdoor entertaining area, the villa would suit two families or a group looking to relax and unwind in peaceful, rural surroundings just at the edge of the sleepy village of Smolici.
The villa is approached along a country road and into a rear drive. Guests enter the villa on the ground floor directly into a lounge/dining room with a traditional fireplace separated from the kitchen by attractive, rustic archways. A wooden staircase leads up to a first floor landing and a door from the landing leads out to a rear covered terrace. The remaining rooms are comprised of two double bedrooms, another small double room, one twin, a family bathroom and additional shower room.
At the end of the first floor terrace, there is a covered well and steps leading down to the garden located at the front of the house via a vine shaded seating area. The garden features a well-stocked fruit and vegetable patch and an orchard from which guests can help themselves to various fruits on offer including cherries and apples.
There is also an attractive private pool and summer kitchen/covered eating area with a traditional BBQ, perfect for sampling the fresh, local produce including freshly delivered chicken and eggs. Discrete owners use the private villa next door which does not encroach on guest stays.
Car hire is recommended at this villa and would enable guests to make the most of the local area and all the attractions that it has to offer. Those seeking adventure and an “adrenaline kick” can explore the popular Glavani Park in Barban. If relaxation is the order of the day then the local seaside town of Poreč, home to the UNESCO protected Euphrasian Basilica and a departure point for excursions to Venice, provides the perfect distraction.
- Distance to beach20 km
- Nearest airportPula
- Distance to airport60km
- Nearest townVisnjan
- Distance to town6km
- Details on nearest shopsGrocery store
- Distance to nearest shops6 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant6km
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 8
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 nights for mid-June to early September, 3 nights for all other dates.
- Arrival days: Saturday for mid-June to early September, any day for all other dates.
- Check-in: 15:00-19:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 1919
- Last renovated: 2011
- Area: 110m2
- Table tennis
- Bikes available at extra charge.
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Weekly
- Car park: Space for 3 cars.
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sun deck
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): Bedrooms
- Fans provided
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 21m2
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Sun loungers and parasols, tables, dining table and chairs.
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- TV room
- Number of double bedrooms: 4
- Total number of bedrooms: 3
- Number of twin bedrooms: 1
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 1
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 1
- Total number of bathrooms: 2
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 20 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 30 minutes
- Nearest airport: Pula
- Distance to airport: 60km
- Nearest town: Visnjan
- Distance to town: 6km
- Details on nearest shops: Grocery store
- Distance to nearest shops: 6 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 6km
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Pet fee: €8 per pet, per day (payable locally).
- The following must be produced on arrival: €300
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
01 Apr. - 13 May£ 125.00 13 May - 17 June£ 135.00 17 June - 01 July£ 176.00 01 July - 08 July£ 218.00 08 July - 19 Aug.£ 246.00 19 Aug. - 26 Aug.£ 218.00 26 Aug. - 02 Sept.£ 176.00 02 Sept. - 16 Sept.£ 135.00 16 Sept. - 01 Nov.£ 125.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. For rentals in Croatia an additional tourist tax applies of 92 pence per adult per night. Children ages 12-17 pay 50% of this amount. There is no tourist tax charge for children under 12.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Credit card payments (Visa or Mastercard) incur a credit card fee of 2% of the total amount of your booking. There is no surcharge for Debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.
Our full terms and conditions can be read here:
Excellent. Extremely helpful owner who helped us with everything we needed during our stay.
Impressed with: Whole Istria was amazing.
Not impressed with: Istria beaches...
Recommend:Villa has a great location, so you are close to some of the most beautiful Istrian towns Poreč, Motovun, Grožnjan, Rovinj.
Favourite villa moment: Peaceful and quiet nights by the pool...
Stayed August 2013