Three bedroom villa with pool on Krk Island sleeps 6-8
This spacious stone villa with pool on Krk island is located near the rural village of Strilcici and makes the ideal base to explore one of Croatia's most undiscovered and unspoilt regions. The villa would suit a family or group of friends looking to have the choice to either spend their days relaxing by the pool or to get out and discover the various activities that the island has to offer.
The villa is approached via a quiet country road from which guests turn into a generous parking area. The main entrance to the villa leads into a country kitchen and dining area which is connected to the lounge via 4 steps. The lounge features a traditional fireplace and sofa bed for two guests. There is also a separate shower room on this level. The first floor consists of a split level hallway with three double bedrooms and a family bathroom. A door from the hallway leads out onto an upper terrace with well (made safe) where a staircase leads back down to the garden and front door.
The outside of the villa consists of a large swimming pool surrounded by greenery and offering distant sea views at the front of the house. To the rear of the property is a fabulous covered outdoor eating area with traditional wood fired barbecue, pizza oven and summer kitchen. There is also a utility room which can be used by guests.
The island of Krk is accessible from the mainland by a connecting bridge for which a small toll fee is payable and has plenty to offer in terms of activities such as a trip to the Biserujka Caves near Rudine, an outing to the pretty seaside towns of Vrbnik and Krk or a day on the sandy beach at Baska. Krk Island also makes a fantastic base from which to explore the Kvarner region as a whole. Day trips to the stunning Plitvice Lakes national park is a possibility through local Krk town agencies. Car hire is recommended at this villa.
- Distance to beach3 km
- Nearest airportRijeka (nearest). Pula, Zagreb, Trieste and Ljubljana also possibilities.
- Distance to airport15 kms to Rijeka Airport
- Nearest townMalinska
- Distance to town3 km
- Distance to bus stop3 km
- Frequency of busesEvery 45 minutes
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket in Malinska
- Distance to nearest shops3 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant3 km
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 6
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 nights all year. Shorter stays outside July and August on request
- Arrival days: Saturday. Other days outside of July and August on request
- Check-in: 2011
- Built: 1833
- Last renovated: 2011
- Area: 220 sqm
- Pets: On request. €12 per pet per day
- Car park: Parking is available for 4 cars.
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Sun deck
- Pool size: 10m x 5m
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Wireless broadband
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Pizza oven
- Ironing board
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Table and chairs on the terrace. Sun loungers ,sun umbrellas and sun recliners around the pool.
- Dining room
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: The sofa bed is located in the lounge downstairs.
- Number of double bedrooms: 3
- Total number of bedrooms: 3
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 1
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 1
- Total number of bathrooms: 2
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 3 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 10 minutes
- Nearest airport: Rijeka (nearest). Pula, Zagreb, Trieste and Ljubljana also possibilities.
- Distance to airport: 15 kms to Rijeka Airport
- Nearest town: Malinska
- Distance to town: 3 km
- Distance to bus stop: 3 km
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket in Malinska
- Distance to nearest shops: 3 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 3 km
- Bus available
- Car recommended
- Frequency of buses: Every 45 minutes
- In countryside
- Information on transfers: Taxi pick up from Rijeka Airport can be arrange on request.
- Provision of linen/towels
- The following must be produced on arrival: Euros 300
Impressed with: Beautiful scenery
Not impressed with: Bureaucracy and food
Stayed July 2013
Excellent property, pool and grounds
Impressed with: Green, nice sea, food
Not impressed with: Unfortunately no sand beaches
Recommend: Take a boat for a day to see the island by sea
Favourite villa moment: Pool, BBQ and eating outside
Stayed July/August 2014