Studio apartment next to Old Town MostarThis pretty studio apartment is situated in the UNESCO protected city of Mostar. Lying within close proximity to the old town entrance, the apartment comes with a small terrace situated above a garden and stream which flows directly into the Neretva river from where fine views can be enjoyed of the minarets, roof tops and hills in the distance.
The apartment is equipped with an en-suite bathroom, a double room (with a double bed) and a kitchen/diner that is in an open plan studio setting together with the bedroom. Price per night includes continental breakfast. The walk to the Turkish style old town is less than two minutes away. Here you can lose yourself in the myriad of boutiques and market stalls where you will find an abundance of items to purchase including colourful kilim rugs, ethnic shawls, jewellery, copper and silverware, wooden carvings and artwork all hand-crafted to a high standard and offered at a fraction of the cost you will find in many other countries. Restaurants and cafes are plentiful and the prices are excellent. We say: go now before the prices rise! And of course no visit would be complete without crossing Mostar’s famous Ottoman bridge spanning the fabulous turquoise coloured fast flowing Neretva River below. If you are lucky you may be able to see someone jump off the bridge or you may even like to try it yourself!!!
A visit to Mostar is within easy access of the Croatian border being less than one hour’s drive away from the Croatian/Bosnia border at Metkovic. A stay in Mostar makes an interesting and varied addition to your stay in Croatia. Other places of interest nearby include the village of Blagaj with its 500 year old Dervish House and lovely waterside restaurants, the Kravica waterfalls which cascade 25 metres down into a natural pool offering a unique place for swimming and/or enjoying a beer (there is a small bar and terrace by the pool). Pocitelj is a striking sight – a scattering of Turkish houses and mosques built into the side of a small cliff and topped off with a hill-side fortress. We strongly recommend exploring the cobbled streets and a short climb through the village deserves an apt reward: a Turkish coffee on the verandah of one of the cafes whilst enjoying the excellent
- Nearest airportDubrovnik, Sarajevo, Mostar.
- Distance to airport2hrs 30mins to Split,Dubrovnik or Sarajevo airport.
- Nearest townMostar
- Distance to town20m
- Distance to bus stop100m
- Frequency of busesEvery hour to Sarajevo, buses also available to Dubrovnik.
- Details on nearest shopsMini-market around the corner. Outdoor market, boutiques, post-office, souvenirs.
- Distance to nearest restaurant20m
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 2
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 2
- Minimum stay: 3 nights. 1-2 days available on request.
- Arrival days: Any
- Built: 2004
- Last renovated: 2004
- Area: 30m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Before and after every stay.
- Car park: Maximum No. Cars : 1
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Additional Appliances : Kettle in kitchen. Stove has 4 electric rings.
- Satellite TV
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Information on bedrooms: Studio is arranged as an open-plan bedroom/kitchen/diner.
- Total number of bedrooms: 1
- Number of twin bedrooms: 1
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 1
- Total number of bathrooms: 1
- Additional information on bathrooms: Bath is 3/4 bathtub with shower connection.
Information on Location
- Driving time to nearest beach: 1 and a half hours to Croatian coast.
- Nearest airport: Dubrovnik, Sarajevo, Mostar.
- Distance to airport: 2hrs 30mins to Split,Dubrovnik or Sarajevo airport.
- Nearest town: Mostar
- Distance to town: 20m
- Distance to bus stop: 100m
- Details on nearest shops: Mini-market around the corner. Outdoor market, boutiques, post-office, souvenirs.
- Restaurant within walking distance
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 20m
- Bus available
- Frequency of buses: Every hour to Sarajevo, buses also available to Dubrovnik.
- In city
- Provision of linen/towels
- The following must be produced on arrival: 100 Euros.