Hvar Island Villa with Pool in the Village of Pitve, sleeps 8-10
This serene and peaceful setting found in the delightful village of Pitve, with its preserved stone houses and cobbled alleyways, offers guests the ultimate location to get away from it all. Nestled halfway up the mountain which runs down one side of Hvar island, Pitve offers on one side, a fabulous view of Hvar island and the Adriatic Sea with Brac island in the distance whilst on the other, a mountain backdrop where guests can drive through the 'tunnel’. The 'tunnel' is a dug out pass through the massif approximately 1.5km long which upon exiting, offers visitors a jaw-dropping view of the Adriatic, outlying islands and a scenic descent down to the fabulous beaches of Zavala, Sveta Nedelja and Ivan Dolac.
The villa is approached along a narrow country lane and is offered as 2 separate stone villas. The first villa (main property) is decorated in authentic style while the second is features a more modern design. Between the houses is a spacious courtyard area featuring an elevated pool offering fabulous views and a covered BBQ with outside eating area. The outside areas are connected by pathways and steps and are interspersed with a number of fruit trees.
The main villa is accessed via steps up to a shady terrace with an outside sofa, armchairs and a coffee table. From here a door leads into this first floor featuring a lounge/dining room, kitchen, bathroom and two double bedrooms, each containing an additional single bed. The floor below this level is used for storage. The second villa features a living room with sofa bed on the ground floor and a double bedroom with shower room on the second floor. Outside on the ground floor is a terrace with sea views. To the front of the villas is a basketball/football court.
Car hire is recommended when staying at this villa which offers parking by the property. Hvar island is one of Croatia’s most sought after holiday destinations with Hvar Town solidifying its’ position as a popular place to visit for nightlife and entertainment. Yet the vast size of this charming lavender scented island means it offers far more for visitors to explore. The town of Stari Grad, with its’ backstreet alleyways of wine bars and art galleries along with Jelsa and Vrboska are well worth a visit and this charming villa in Pitve offers the perfect base from which to do so.
- Distance to beach2 km
- Nearest airportSplit
- Distance to airport3-4 hours including ferry crossing time.
- Nearest townJelsa
- Distance to town2km
- Details on nearest shopsMini supermarket
- Distance to nearest restaurant2km
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 8
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 10
- Minimum stay: 7 nights in July and August. 3 nights all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday in July and August. Any day for all other dates
- Check-in: 14:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 1950
- Last renovated: 2014
- Area: 2,000m2 including land area
- Pool is elevated with low drop on one side.
- 2 bikes free of charge (bikes are ridden at the guests own risk. Guests should check their travel insurance covers them for bike injuries)
- Car park: Space for 4 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Sun deck
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 25m2
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Sport facilities: Basket ball court/football pitch available to front of villa
- The second villa does not have a kitchen
- Washing machine
- Cable TV
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Table and chairs on the terrace, recliners around the pool
- Dining room
- Balcony with sea view
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: 2 of the bedrooms (triple rooms) located in the main house feature a double bed and an additional single bed. The main villa sleeps 6 and the second villa sleeps 2-4 as it has a double bed and a sofa bed
- Number of double bedrooms: 1
- Number of triple bedrooms: 2
- Total number of bedrooms: 3
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 1
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 1
- Total number of bathrooms: 2
- Number of bath/shower rooms which have a toilet: 2
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 2 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 10 minutes
- Nearest airport: Split
- Distance to airport: 3-4 hours including ferry crossing time.
- Nearest town: Jelsa
- Distance to town: 2km
- Details on nearest shops: Mini supermarket
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 2km
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Pet fee: Charged at Euros 5 per day payable locally
- Cot rental: Charged at Euros 5 per day maximum Euros 50 per rental payable locally
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
30 Apr. - 14 May£ 244.00 14 May - 04 June£ 297.00 04 June - 18 June£ 373.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. For rentals in Croatia an additional tourist tax applies of 92 pence per adult per night. Children ages 12-17 pay 50% of this amount. There is no tourist tax charge for children under 12.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Credit card payments (Visa or Mastercard) incur a credit card fee of 2% of the total amount of your booking. There is no surcharge for Debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.
Our full terms and conditions can be read here: