Four bedroom stone villa with heated pool near DubrovnikThis wonderful four bedroom stone villa with pool, featuring its own natural spring, sits on a hill overlooking the pretty harbour at Mokosica near Dubrovnik. Stylishly decorated, this pretty setting will appeal to those who are looking for an exquisite place to stay yet be within easy reach of Dubrovnik city.
The villa is approached from the front where car parking is available. A patio entrance leads up to the main door where guests enter into a spacious hallway flanked on either side by two double bedrooms each with their own en-suite shower rooms. Stairs to the first floor offer the same layout and rooms as the ground floor. The top (second) floor is the showpiece room of the villa where guests can relax in a long and spacious open plan kitchen diner lounge area with separate toilet. To the outside and rear of the villa there is a summer kitchen, patio area, pool and surrounding garden.
The villa would suit a family/two families traveling together or a group of friends looking for a comfortable base to relax in whilst at the same time be within easy access of areas of interest. Attractions within the region include the historical towns of Dubrovnik and Cavtat, excursions to off shore islands such as Mljet and theElaphite islands. A little further a field, day trips to Montenegro and Mostar are also possible and worth a visit.
- Distance to beach1 km
- Nearest airportDubrovnik
- Distance to airport25 km
- Nearest townDubrovnik
- Distance to town12km
- Distance to bus stop5 minutes' walk
- Frequency of busesFrequent bus service available
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket
- Distance to nearest shops4 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant5 minutes' drive to Marina harbour.
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 8
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 10
- Minimum stay: 7 nights for July-August. 3 nights all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday for July-August. Any day for all other dates
- Pool heating included in the price. Please request pool heating at least one week before arrival.
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a week
- Car park: Parking for up to three cars available.
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Sun deck
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 8m x 4m (at its widest)
- Pool private to the property
- Heated pool
- Internet access: Wireless internet available
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Dining room
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: Possible to sleep an additional persons between the two bedrooms on the first floor. Other option for a 10th person is to place a rollaway bed in the lounge. Pull out sofa bed for 2 persons located in the lounge available on request
- Number of double bedrooms: 4
- Total number of bedrooms: 4
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 4
- Total number of bathrooms: 4
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 1 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 5 minutes
- Nearest airport: Dubrovnik
- Distance to airport: 25 km
- Nearest town: Dubrovnik
- Distance to town: 12km
- Distance to bus stop: 5 minutes' walk
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket
- Distance to nearest shops: 4 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 5 minutes' drive to Marina harbour.
- On the seaside
- Bus available
- Car recommended
- Frequency of buses: Frequent bus service available
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- General cleaning of the house included once a week for the stays of minimum 7 nights. Extra maid cleaning services available on request payable locally at approximate rate of £7 per hour.
- The following must be produced on arrival: Euros 400
Caretaker was - Very nice and helpful. All excellent.
Good range of Villas
Impressed with: Easy to get to, great weather and coastline, intriguing history
Not impressed with: Car parking is hard work
Favourite villa moment: Night Swims
Stayed July/August 2017
Manager was very helpful.
Impressed with: Very beautiful nature and clear water.
Not impressed with: The road next to our villa.
Recommend: The Old Town
Favourite villa moment: The Pool
Stayed June 2017
Read more reviews
It's a lovely villa with spectacular views. The owner’s representative could not have been more helpful or accommodating. The housekeepers were excellent. Extremely nice and very helpful. The beds were the best we have had in over 60+ villa rentals all over the world. However if we had been 8 people, there was not enough outside space. There were a lot of woodlice inside and outside the villa.
Impressed with: Kindness of the people, breath taking scenery
Not impressed with: Scary mountain roads
Recommend: The bars and restaurants in the ACI Marina were great as was the Konzum supermarket there. Kapun restaurant in the Old Town in the square of St Ignatius church was outstanding.
Favourite villa moment: Looking at the view from the top pool terrace.
Stayed May/June 2015
This property is beautiful; I would highly recommend it, everything you could wish for. The caretaker was very friendly and helpful; she couldn't have done more for us.
Impressed with: The scenery, weather, excellent food and the value for money.
Not impressed with: The mosquitoes, not much can be done about that.
Recommend: Restaurant Dubravka at the entrance to Pile gate, a fabulous meal and excellent value, also the three island cruise, a great day out.
Favourite villa moment: Relaxing by the pool, pure bliss.
Stayed September 2013
Property manager was more than helpful. She treated us like family rather than paying guests.
Impressed with: The natural beauty, history, and friendly people.
Not impressed with: Lack of safety precautions at most public places, service levels.
Favourite villa moment: Chilling with wine/beer on the patio.
Stayed August 2013
The villa is beautiful and well maintained and has a stunning view. It was spacious and had plenty of bathrooms and living space. However, the only thing we were not so happy about was that there was very little immediately around the villa. It was not possible to walk to restaurants and supermarket. With two small children it would have been nice to be able to walk to some facilities/places. The road to get up to the villa was very narrow and parking although available was restrictive so it was hard to turn the car around. It is a shame as it was a lovely villa and Croatia is beautiful. We had a lovely holiday!
The owner was incredibly helpful and went out of her way to show us the nicest beach and where the supermarket was etc. She was very welcoming!
Impressed with: The crystal clear sea, the friendly people, the beautiful islands, the historic old centre of Dubrovnik, and the ease with which you could go across to Montenegro and Bosnia.
Not impressed with: Mosquitos. Not much you can do about that. Also vegetarian food is not so varied.
Stayed August 2012
The welcome from the 'owner' was extremely friendly and informative. (Impressed with) The beautiful scenery, the stunning architecture and the friendliness of many people we met.
Stayed August 2011
The owner, was very helpful, welcoming and went beyond expectations in making us feel at home. She is a real asset to the villa. Building work on a nearby hotel (which is big, ugly, and completely inappropriate for Lopud) meant it was noisy at times. But even this could not spoil a beautiful island and really lovely, individual villa. Completely individual and miles better than an anonymous hotel room. The natural beauty of the area we were in: clear seas, filled with fish and other sea life and the flowers, butterflies, plants in the inland areas. Very friendly local people. Good value in cafes, bars. Lopud Island is relatively unpeel at the moment - not too commercial and I hope it manages to stay that way.
Stayed June 2010
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the villa and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to others. The host was lovely and responded to our queries very quickly. The coastline was amazing and the colour of the sea was breathtaking, and the walled city is breathtaking The only thing I would say is more English channels on the TV would have made the Eurovision night better!!
Stayed May 2010