Four bedroom family villa with harbour view in Stari Grad on Hvar Island
This spacious 4 bedroom period villa occupies an enviable position in the historic seaside town of Stari Grad on Hvar island. From the upper terrace, guests can enjoy fine views of the old town with its vibrant harbour and surrounding countryside. The accommodation is within easy walking distance of the historical town centre which features delightful alleyways and cobbled lanes containing enchanting restaurants, wine bars and shops all waiting to be discovered.
The villa is decorated in a contemporary style with decorative pieces purchased as a result of the owner’s frequent travels through the Far East.
The villa is entered via a driveway which has space for two cars. A gate then leads into a partly shaded courtyard garden. Entry into the house takes guest directly into the spacious L-shaped open plan kitchen / diner /lounge area complete with a delightful open fireplace. A door from the lounge leads into a double bedroom with en-suite WC and sink. There is a further separate shower room near the kitchen area.
A second door from the courtyard garden opens up into a separate double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, this bedroom cannot be accessed from within the main house. Stairs from the ground floor lounge area lead up into a second lounge/salon area where there are a further two double bedrooms and a large family bathroom.
The spacious kitchen is also situated on this floor and there are two doors leading off this room, one to a rear covered terrace and the other leading out onto the main terrace which boasts splendid views of Stari Grad. Stairs from this terrace lead back down to the courtyard garden and a gate leads into a lawned garden with orchard ideal for children to play in.
The villa would suit a family or group of friends who are keen to enjoy island life, yet be within walking distance of restaurants and bars. Guests can also take excursions to other places of interest on the islands or to other nearby islands. For details on ferry times to Hvar island please visit the Jadrolinija website. For further assistance on planning your journey to Hvar please speak with one of our consultants.
- Distance to beach600 m
- Nearest airportSplit
- Distance to airport2-3 hours including ferry crossing
- Nearest townStari Grad
- Distance to townTown centre 2 min walk
- Distance to bus stop300
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket, post office , bank and other shops
- Distance to nearest shops150 m
- Distance to nearest restaurant200m
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 8
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 nights from early July to mid-September. 3 nights for all other dates. Stays of 2 nights have a 30% surcharge
- Arrival days: Saturday for early July to mid-September. Any day for all other dates
- Check-in: 15:00
- Check-out: 10:30
- Built: 1930
- Last renovated: 2006
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Weekly
- Car park: Space for 2 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Sun deck
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): Living room
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Fire place
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- Video VHS
- Video/DVD/BluRay library
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: garden table and chairs
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- Number of double bedrooms: 4
- Total number of bedrooms: 4
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 1
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 3
- Number of toilet only rooms: 1
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 600 m
- Driving time to nearest beach: 3 minutes
- Nearest airport: Split
- Distance to airport: 2-3 hours including ferry crossing
- Nearest town: Stari Grad
- Distance to town: Town centre 2 min walk
- Distance to bus stop: 300
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket, post office , bank and other shops
- Distance to nearest shops: 150 m
- Restaurant within walking distance
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 200m
- On the seaside
- Bus available
- Car recommended
- In city/town
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- The following must be produced on arrival: €300
It was absolute good.
Impressed with: It's quit near to Hungary, the sea is one of the most beautiful, and the location has a special historical atmosphere!
Not impressed with: The traffic jam..
Recommend: Jelsa was beautiful
Favourite villa moment: It was authentic, that's had a good atmosphere!
Stayed September 2012
Information on wineries on the island where one can visit. More kitchen equipment. Everything else was great! Caretaker: Extremely helpful! Thank you a million!
Impressed with: Cleanliness, all the shops and markets so on have wide opening hours. Feeling of safety. Water.
Not impressed with: Certain places are too touristic. old ferries of jadrolinija :)
Recommend: Restaurant Antika had great risotto. Rent a car and drive around the island, the tunnel is worth going! Hvar is beautiful.
Favourite villa moment: Enjoying the evening on the terrace and hearing the bells and watching the yachts. :) superb wine and company!
Stayed September 2012
Read more reviews
We had a wonderful time, the villa was very comfortable, and the owner had very thoughtfully furnished and equipped the place to suit holidaymakers' needs. The service provided by Croatian Villas was excellent. Thank you for your assistance and please thank the owner of the holiday villa on our behalf for a very pleasant stay.
Stayed July 2011
Excellent. Impressed with: People, views, weather. Property manager is a great host!!!! Thank you !
Stayed May 2011