5 Bedroom Istrian Villa Estate with Large Pool and Gardens near Barban, Sleeps 12
Holiday Highlights ~ Larger than average pool in mature garden setting~ Fabulous entertainment zone - ideal for large groups~ Pets welcome!
A rare find in Istria is this notable 4000m2 country estate with large mature gardens and an impressive pool / entertainment area located in the village of Saini near Barban. The property is ideal for a large group or a number of families/friends looking for a relaxing holiday located within easy access of Istria’s highlights and hot spots.
Presented to a very high standard, this Istrian villa estate consists of 2 separate Stone houses (Nos.1 and 2) connected by a central courtyard which sits within the estate. Guests approach the villa via a country lane into the village of Saini where a short drive to the main entrance gates opens into a gravel courtyard with parking for up to 5 cars, a table tennis is also located here. To one side of the courtyard sits a raised ivy clad patio with stone bench seating encircling a (locked) well. Both villas are decorated throughout in a country style with exposed stone walls, beamed ceilings and features choice pieces of antique furniture.
Stone House No.1 consists of a main building decorated with a trailing rose plant + a studio apartment which can sleep up to 7 persons. This building is laid out as follows:
Ground floor: Open plan country kitchen/diner/lounge featuring an Istrian fireplace
First floor: Double bedroom with 4 poster bed, a triple room with ornamental balcony and 3 single beds one of which would be suitable for a child under 12, this bedroom also features an en-suite shower room. There is also a family bathroom on this level.
Annexed to stone house number 1 is a studio apartment with its’ own entrance consisting of a double bedroom with en-suite shower room and large picture patio windows overlooking the courtyard. Between Studio House No.1 and the Studio is a laundry room.
Stone House No.2 is located across the courtyard from House No.1 and is arranged as follows:
Ground floor: Accessed via a covered terrace opening into an entrance hall with separate sitting room featuring a traditional Istrian fireplace, and some choice early Bauhaus furniture. Opposite the sitting room is a large country kitchen with dining table for 6 persons with the possibility to add 4 extra chairs. There is also a guest cloakroom with WC on this level.
First floor: Double bedroom suite with 4 poster bed, a triple bedroom and a family bathroom.
Pool and Garden
The pool and garden are accessed either via Stone House No.2 through a ground floor door located in the hallway or from a side gate situated near the entrance gate. This extensive outside area is broken into a variety of entertainment section interspersed with shrubbery and trees including a number of striking cypress trees. Guests can enjoy a game of table tennis, a children’s playground to keep the little ones occupied and a wonderfully spacious pool area with a larger than average pool featuring double Roman stairs entry and massage corner (additional charge for the massage corner- see separate charges box below). Next to the pool is a shower room/toilet , a covered outdoor eating patio, fully equipped blue summer kitchen including dishwasher and a smart lighting system for moving into the evening, perfect for your own private pool party.
Car Hire is recommended when staying at this villa which is within easy reach of Pula airport. Nearby activities include horse riding at Barbatone horse-riding centre as well as The Glavani Adventure Park, popular with adrenalin and adventure junkies. The town of Labin, the seaside resort of Rabac and city of Pula with its’ Roman Amphitheatre are all within 30 minutes drive from the villa. Nearby unspoilt beaches such as Blaz, Krnica and Rakalj are also easily reachable by car. Other areas of interest include the Brijuni islands and the popular seaside towns of Porec, Rovinj and Vrsar. Further afield the Medieval hilltop towns of Motovun and Groznjan and a day trip to Venice are all recommended excursions from this region. Bike rental and catering are available on request, please speak with one of our staff for further details. For additional information on Istria please visit our Country Guide.
Yoga, weddings and special occasions are available at the villa. There are also many cycling and hiking trails within the region. Please click on the Additional Services tab for more details.
- Distance to beach10 km
- Nearest airportPula (nearest). Zagreb, Rijeka, Trieste and Ljubljana other possibilities.
- Distance to airport20 km (Pula)
- Nearest townBarban
- Distance to town8-9 km
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket, butchers, post office, pharmacy, petrol station, cash machine
- Distance to nearest restaurant Vorichi restaurant (3 km)
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 12
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 12
- Minimum stay: 7 nights from 23 May - 19 September, 4 nights for all other dates.
- Arrival days: Saturday arrival from 23 May - 19 September, any day arrival for all other dates
- Check-in: 16:00 -
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: Mid 19th century
- Last renovated: 2019
- Area: 4000m2
- Heating is from A/C units. Additional heating is available on request and subject to additional charge payable locally.
- Up to 2 pets permitted (cat or dog).
- Table tennis available.
- Pool features a massage corner (extra cost, see below)
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Weekly
- Car park: Maximum number of cars is 5. Shaded parking available for 2 cars.
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sun deck
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): All bedrooms have an A/C unit. Non-bedroom rooms are naturally cool from the thick stone walls.
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 12.5 x 5 meters
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Dishwasher only located in the summer kitchen.
- Iron and ironing board - located in the laundry room
- Ping pong table
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Ironing board
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: 12 sun loungers; 2 large tables and 12 chairs at the BBQ terrace.
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: Triple room in stone house No.1 features 1 bed suitable for a child under 12. The estate can accommodate 11 adults and 1 child under 12 in the bedrooms.
- Number of double bedrooms: 3
- Number of triple bedrooms: 2
- Total number of bedrooms: 5
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 3
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 5
- Number of toilet only rooms: 1
- Additional information on bathrooms: 2 shower rooms are en-suite to bedrooms, the 3rd shower room is by the pool.
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 10 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: Approx 15-20 mins
- Nearest airport: Pula (nearest). Zagreb, Rijeka, Trieste and Ljubljana other possibilities.
- Distance to airport: 20 km (Pula)
- Nearest town: Barban
- Distance to town: 8-9 km
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket, butchers, post office, pharmacy, petrol station, cash machine
- Distance to nearest restaurant: Vorichi restaurant (3 km)
- Distance from the sea: 10 km
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Information on transfers: on request
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- Additional cleaning available on request. Price from €12 per hour (payable locally)
- Cot rental is charged at €50 per week or part week (payable locally). Please advise which room you would like the cot to be placed in before arrival.
- Pet fee: €5 per pet per day. Up to a maximum of €50 per pet per stay payable locally on arrival.
- Massage corner in pool is €30 per week or part thereof (payable locally).
- The following must be produced on arrival: €400
The following additional services can be arranged at the villa.
Yoga is available at the villa, please enquire for further information.
Weddings and Special Occasions
Weddings and special occasions can be arranged at villa IS176, available on request.
There is a standard golf course - located on Brijuni Islands - which is further afield: https://www.golf-adria.com/golf-courses/golf-country-club-brijuni/. Green fee is around 260 Kuna and the cost for the ferry to the islands is 40 Kuna (both payable locally).
There is also a golf course in Savudrija - Umag. https://golf-adriatic.com/
There is a tennis court available in Barban. Floodlights are available at this court. Additional charges will apply.
Boat mooring is available in the village of Stinjan at an additional charge.
Cycling and Hiking
There are many cycling and hiking routes within the Istrian region. Please follow this link for more inspiration: http://www.istria-bike.com/en/bike_trails/interactive-trails