5 Bedroom Istrian Villa Estate with Large Pool and Gardens near Barban, Sleeps 12
Holiday Highlights ~ Larger than average pool in mature garden setting~ Fabulous entertainment zone - ideal for large groups~ Pets welcome!
A rare find in Istria is this notable 4000m2 country estate with large mature gardens and an impressive pool / entertainment area located in the village of Saini near Barban. The property is ideal for a large group or a number of families/friends looking for a relaxing holiday located within easy access of Istria’s highlights and hot spots.
Presented to a very high standard, this Istrian villa estate consists of 2 separate Stone houses (Nos.1 and 2) connected by a central courtyard which sits within the estate. Guests approach the villa via a country lane into the village of Saini where a short drive to the main entrance gates opens into a gravel courtyard with parking for up to 5 cars. To one side of the courtyard sits a raised ivy clad patio with stone bench seating encircling a (locked) well. Both villas are decorated throughout in a country style with exposed stone walls, beamed ceilings and features choice pieces of antique furniture.
Stone House No.1 consists of a main building decorated with a trailing rose plant + a studio apartment which can sleep up to 7 persons. This building is laid out as follows:
Ground floor: Open plan country kitchen/diner/lounge featuring an Istrian fireplace
First floor: Double bedroom with 4 poster bed, a triple room with ornamental balcony and 3 single beds one of which would be suitable for a child under 12, this bedroom also features an en-suite shower room. There is also a family bathroom on this level.
Annexed to stone house number 1 is a studio apartment with its’ own entrance consisting of a double bedroom with en-suite shower room and large picture patio windows overlooking the courtyard. Between Studio House No.1 and the Studio is a laundry room.
Stone House No.2 is located across the courtyard from House No.1 and is arranged as follows:
Ground floor: Accessed via a covered terrace opening into an entrance hall with separate sitting room featuring a traditional Istrian fireplace, and some choice early Bauhaus furniture. Opposite the sitting room is a large country kitchen with dining table for 6 persons with the possibility to add 4 extra chairs. There is also a guest cloakroom with WC on this level.
First floor: Double bedroom suite with 4 poster bed, a triple bedroom and a family bathroom.
Pool and Garden
The pool and garden are accessed either via Stone House No.2 through a ground floor door located in the hallway or from a side gate situated near the entrance gate. This extensive outside area is broken into a variety of entertainment section interspersed with shrubbery and trees including a number of striking cypress trees. Guests can enjoy a game of table tennis, a children’s playground to keep the little ones occupied and a wonderfully spacious pool area with a larger than average pool featuring double Roman stairs entry and massage corner (additional charge for the massage corner- see separate charges box below). Next to the pool is a shower room/toilet , a covered outdoor eating patio, fully equipped blue summer kitchen including dishwasher and a smart lighting system for moving into the evening, perfect for your own private pool party.
Car Hire is recommended when staying at this villa which is within easy reach of Pula airport. Nearby activities include horse riding at Barbatone horse-riding centre as well as The Glavani Adventure Park, popular with adrenalin and adventure junkies. The town of Labin, the seaside resort of Rabac and city of Pula with its’ Roman Amphitheatre are all within 30 minutes drive from the villa. Nearby unspoilt beaches such as Blaz, Krnica and Rakalj are also easily reachable by car. Other areas of interest include the Brijuni islands and the popular seaside towns of Porec, Rovinj and Vrsar. Further afield the Medieval hilltop towns of Motovun and Groznjan and a day trip to Venice are all recommended excursions from this region. Bike rental and catering are available on request, please speak with one of our staff for further details. For additional information on Istria please visit our Country Guide.
- Distance to beach10 km
- Nearest airportPula (nearest). Zagreb, Rijeka, Trieste and Ljubljana other possibilities.
- Distance to airport20 km (Pula)
- Nearest townBarban
- Distance to town8-9 km
- Details on nearest shopsSupermarket, butchers, post office, pharmacy, petrol station, cash machine
- Distance to nearest restaurant Vorichi restaurant (3 km)
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 12
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 12
- Minimum stay: 7 nights from 23 May - 19 September, 4 nights for all other dates.
- Arrival days: Saturday arrival from 23 May - 19 September, any day arrival for all other dates
- Check-in: 16:00 -
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: Mid 19th century
- Last renovated: 2019
- Area: 4000m2
- Heating is from A/C units. Additional heating is available on request and subject to additional charge payable locally.
- Up to 2 pets permitted (cat or dog).
- Table tennis available.
- Pool features a massage corner (extra cost, see below)
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Weekly
- Car park: Maximum number of cars is 5. Shaded parking available for 2 cars.
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sun deck
- Air-conditioning (some of the rooms): All bedrooms have an A/C unit. Non-bedroom rooms are naturally cool from the thick stone walls.
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 12.5 x 5 meters
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Dishwasher only located in the summer kitchen.
- Iron and ironing board - located in the laundry room
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Ironing board
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: 12 sun loungers; 2 large tables and 12 chairs at the BBQ terrace.
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: Triple room in stone house No.1 features 1 bed suitable for a child under 12. The estate can accommodate 11 adults and 1 child under 12 in the bedrooms.
- Number of double bedrooms: 3
- Total number of bedrooms: 5
- Number of twin bedrooms: 2
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 3
- Number of bathrooms with bathtub: 2
- Total number of bathrooms: 5
- Number of toilet only rooms: 1
- Additional information on bathrooms: 2 shower rooms are en-suite to bedrooms, the 3rd shower room is by the pool.
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 10 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: Approx 15-20 mins
- Nearest airport: Pula (nearest). Zagreb, Rijeka, Trieste and Ljubljana other possibilities.
- Distance to airport: 20 km (Pula)
- Nearest town: Barban
- Distance to town: 8-9 km
- Details on nearest shops: Supermarket, butchers, post office, pharmacy, petrol station, cash machine
- Distance to nearest restaurant: Vorichi restaurant (3 km)
- Distance from the sea: 10 km
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Information on transfers: on request
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- Additional cleaning available on request. Price from €12 per hour (payable locally)
- Cot rental is charged at €50 per week or part week (payable locally). Please advise which room you would like the cot to be placed in before arrival.
- Pet fee: €5 per pet per day. Up to a maximum of €50 per pet per stay payable locally on arrival.
- Massage corner in pool is €30 per week or part thereof (payable locally).
- The following must be produced on arrival: €400
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
14 Sept. - 23 Sept.£ 365.00 23 Sept. - 01 Nov.£ 365.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. Many destinations also require tourist tax to be paid. Tourist tax starts from approximately £1 per adult per night, and £0.50 per night per child aged 12-17 at time of travel. If tourist tax is applicable to the destination you are travelling to, this will be shown in the booking process. For tourist tax payable at time of booking, the cost will be added to your subtotal. For tourist tax payable locally, the cost will be shown at time of booking and on documentation.
All bookings subject to booking fee.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Certain properties require varying payments for bookings. If payments required vary from those above, these conditions will be displayed below or advised at time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Corporate credit card payments may incur a surcharge at time of booking. There is no surcharge for personal credit or debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.Our full terms and conditions can be read here:
*LAST MINUTE SPECIAL OFFER*: 15% off all 2020 dates - book by 30.11.19