Traditional two bedroom villa with secluded beach near Bol, Brac Island
This traditional Dalmatian Island villa lies on the coast of Brac Island, hidden amongst an extensive clifftop estate of vineyards and offering private access to a beautiful long beach. The picturesque coastal resort of Bol is just 6 km away, home to the spectacular Zlatni Rat, Croatia’s most photographed beach. This pretty stone bungalow is set amongst dramatic scenery yet offers privacy and seclusion, so is ideal for a romantic retreat or for a small family looking for a relaxing getaway.
The estate lies at the end of a 4.5km gravel road and parking is at the rear of the property. Guests access the property via a pathway down to the main front terrace affording a delightful view across the vineyards and out to sea and furnished with an outdoor dining area and barbecue. A path from the terrace leads down 30m to the long secluded beach. The front door opens into a spacious country style open plan kitchen / living area offering a large fireplace and dining table. The shower room and two double bedrooms are accessed from the living area.
Car hire is essential at this villa (we recommend a 4x4 vehicle) and there are a number of areas of interest within easy driving distance. Vidova Gora, the highest point on any of the Croatian Islands at 778m, forms the backdrop to property and is popular with hikers. The nearby town of Bol is a popular destination for those seeking a taste of local culture. The Branislav Deskovic Gallery located in a former Renaissance Town House contains a good selection of Croatian Art including works by the Sculptor Ivan Mestrovic and the Dubrovnik expressionist Ivan Dulcic. The Dominican Monastery located high on the cliff not far from Bol’s centre exhibits a collection of amphora, ancient coins and paintings and maintains well-kept gardens overlooking the sea.
- Distance to beach30 m
- Nearest airportSplit/Brac
- Distance to airport30 mins to Brac Airport, Split Airport 3 hours including ferry crossing
- Nearest townBol
- Distance to town 6km along a dirt road. 4x4 vehicle is recommended.
- Details on nearest shopsSmall store in nearby Murvica. Supermarkets available in Bol.
- Distance to nearest shops3 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant400m
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 4
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 5
- Minimum stay: 7 days in July & August, 3 days in other months
- Arrival days: Usually Saturday in July & August, other days on request
- Check-in: 15:00 pm
- Check-out: 11:00 am
- Last renovated: 2011
- Area: 80 sqm internal living space
- Sea view
- Sun deck
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Fire place
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Video/DVD/BluRay library
- Number of double bedrooms: 2
- Total number of bedrooms: 2
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 1
- Total number of bathrooms: 1
Staff on site /available
- Cook & Maid available on request - additional charges apply, payable locally
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 30 m
- Nearest airport: Split/Brac
- Distance to airport: 30 mins to Brac Airport, Split Airport 3 hours including ferry crossing
- Nearest town: Bol
- Distance to town: 6km along a dirt road. 4x4 vehicle is recommended.
- Details on nearest shops: Small store in nearby Murvica. Supermarkets available in Bol.
- Distance to nearest shops: 3 km
- Restaurant within walking distance
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 400m
- On the seaside
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- Maid/Cleaning: Available on request, charged at 16 Euro per hour payable locally
- A Cook can be arranged at additional cost
- The following must be produced on arrival: Euros 400