Luxury 4 Bedroom stone Villa with infinity pool near Zavala & Jelsa on Hvar Island
This exceptional stone villa set in thirty thousand square metres of extensive grounds has recently been refurbished and is presented as a main house with additional bedroom cottages. Located on one of the highest points on Hvar, the real treat is the fabulous infinity pool perched on the cliff top where guests can enjoy magnificent views of the Adriatic islands of Scedro and Vis and on a clear day the coast of Italy can also be seen. Not only does the villa make a wonderful holiday retreat for a large family or group of friends but it could also be considered as a suitable venue for special occasions (birthdays, once in a lifetime family gatherings, anniversary celebrations).
Upon leaving the main road, guests drive uphill along a gravel road for approximately 15-20 minutes before arriving at the villa. The main house is centrally located within the grounds and consists of on the ground floor a very spacious open plan kitchen/diner/lounge area with fireplace and large picture window offering guests uninterrupted views of the outside. Stone floors, beamed ceilings and comfortable contemporary handmade furniture, sofas and cushions complete the décor of this room. The first floor contains two bedrooms. Each bedroom is accessed via its own external staircase from the outside of the main house (and not from within the downstairs area). Bedroom number one consists of a double bed and en-suite shower room. Bedroom number two consists of a four poster double bed positioned so that guests can wake up in the morning and open the shutters to be greeted by a lovely sea view. There is also an en-suite bathroom with this bedroom. Within the grounds there are two further guest cottages. One cottage contains a very spacious twin bedroom along with a sofa bed (so could sleep up to four persons) with en-suite bathroom and two sets of French doors leading out onto a lovely patio area with sea and pool view. The second cottage is very romantic with exposed stone walls, white beamed ceilings, a double bed and steps leading up to a raised bathroom area complete with roll top bath, sink and separate toilet. All the rooms are painted in pastel shades adding an additional summer flavour to the property. Underfloor heating runs through the entire villa.
Outside there is a summer kitchen with a gas BBQ and sink all next to a wonderful pergola underneath which is a table which can seat up to 10 persons. Further on there is a comfortable cushioned outdoor seating area where you can sit and relax with a glass of wine in the evening. In the forefront sits the magnificent infinity pool. Within the garden there is an artificial grass tennis court surrounded by lavender plants. The vegetable garden to the rear of the villa is available for guests to help themselves to seasonal produce for their own use. 2kms from the villa there is a popular Konoba serving traditional food. We strongly recommend the renting of a 4WD vehicle for guests staying at this property, for further details on car hire please visit our car hire page or speak with one of our staff for details. The beaches in this area are excellent and are within 25 minutes drive down the hill from the villa at Ivan Dolac and Zavala. Nearest towns are Jelsa and Vrboska approximately 35 minutes away.
For more information about Hvar Island watch video.
- Distance to beach7 km
- Nearest airportSplit
- Distance to airport2-3 hours including ferry crossing
- Nearest townJelsa (12km) or Hvar Town (40km)
- Distance to town30 minutes by car
- Details on nearest shopsMain shops in Jelsa
- Distance to nearest shops12 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant2km to nearest Konoba in Humac
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 8
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 10
- Minimum stay: 2019: 7 nights for all dates. 2020: 7 nights July and August, 3 nights for all other dates.
- Arrival days: Saturday for July & August, any day for all other dates
- Check-in: 17:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Area: 30,000m2
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Sea view
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Sun deck
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 11m x 5.5m
- Pool private to the property
- Fire place
- Tennis court
- Infinity pool
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Sun loungers, dining table & chairs
- Dining room
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: 2 bedrooms in main villa, 1 bedroom in each annexe cottage
- Number of double bedrooms: 2
- Number of triple bedrooms: 1
- Total number of bedrooms: 4
- Number of twin bedrooms: 1
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 4
- Total number of bathrooms: 4
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 7 km
- Driving time to nearest beach: 15 minutes
- Nearest airport: Split
- Distance to airport: 2-3 hours including ferry crossing
- Nearest town: Jelsa (12km) or Hvar Town (40km)
- Distance to town: 30 minutes by car
- Details on nearest shops: Main shops in Jelsa
- Distance to nearest shops: 12 km
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 2km to nearest Konoba in Humac
- Tennis courts: 2 m
- Distance from the sea: 7 km
- Car recommended
- In countryside
- Information on transfers: Available on request (supplement)
- Provision of linen/towels
- Cot linen
- The following must be produced on arrival: € 500
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
01 Jan. - 02 June£ 490.00 02 June - 16 June£ 684.00 16 June - 30 June£ 781.00 30 June - 01 Sept.£ 878.00 01 Sept. - 15 Sept.£ 781.00 15 Sept. - 01 Oct.£ 490.00 01 Oct. - 01 Jan.£ 421.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. Many destinations also require tourist tax to be paid. Tourist tax starts from approximately £1 per adult per night, and £0.50 per night per child aged 12-17 at time of travel. If tourist tax is applicable to the destination you are travelling to, this will be shown in the booking process. For tourist tax payable at time of booking, the cost will be added to your subtotal. For tourist tax payable locally, the cost will be shown at time of booking and on documentation.
All bookings subject to booking fee.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Certain properties require varying payments for bookings. If payments required vary from those above, these conditions will be displayed below or advised at time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Corporate credit card payments may incur a surcharge at time of booking. There is no surcharge for personal credit or debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.Our full terms and conditions can be read here: