Three bedroom cottage on Lumbarda beach, Korcula
This three bedroom historic stone cottage is located on one of Lumbarda’s pretty bays, a popular location on Korcula island.
The stone cottage on Lumbarda beach is approached from the access road that runs along the seafront. Guests enter through a garden entrance and up a flight of stairs onto a common terrace area. The cottage consists of a hallway where on the ground floor there is a double bedroom with en-suite shower room. Access to the second floor is by way of a staircase - low ceiling at one point on the staircase.
The second floor consists of a further double bedroom with en-suite shower room. To the side of the cottage there is a private spacious terrace for guest use only which has great sea views. A separate summer kitchen and lounge is located to the rear of this terrace in a separate building which offers guests a very pleasant area for al-fresco dining plus it has great sea views. Walking back through the common terrace area and down the steps there is an additional separate studio with double bed and en-suite shower room and a further terrace for guest use only.
The stone cottage on Lumbarda beach would suite couples or groups of friends looking to stay on a pretty part of the coastline on Korcula island and be within easy walking distance of cafes and restaurants. There is much to do and see in this region including a visit to the historical town of Korcula, spending time on the nearby beaches, visiting the local vineyards as well as a day trip to Dubrovnik and other places such as the National Park of Mljet Island. The cottage makes an ideal two-centre combination with a stay in Dubrovnik or Mostar or both. Speak to one of our travel consultants for further details.
- Distance to beach5 m
- Nearest airportDubrovnik
- Distance to airport2hrs and 30 mins including the ferry crossing
- Nearest townKorcula
- Distance to town6km
- Distance to bus stop500m
- Details on nearest shopsGrocery shop
- Distance to nearest shops500 m
- Distance to nearest restaurant50m
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 6
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 8
- Minimum stay: 7 nights for July - August, 3 nights for all other dates.
- Arrival days: Saturday for July - August, any day for all other dates. .
- Check-in: 14:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 1700
- Last renovated: 2006
- Area: 90m2
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a week
- Car park: Space for 2 cars
- Boat mooring (on request)
- Sea view
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Sun deck
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Ironing board
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Dining table & chairs
- Dining room
- Kitchen table
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- Information on bedrooms: 2 x additional single sofa beds in 2 double bedrooms
- Number of double bedrooms: 3
- Total number of bedrooms: 3
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 3
- Total number of bathrooms: 3
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 5 m
- Nearest airport: Dubrovnik
- Distance to airport: 2hrs and 30 mins including the ferry crossing
- Nearest town: Korcula
- Distance to town: 6km
- Distance to bus stop: 500m
- Details on nearest shops: Grocery shop
- Distance to nearest shops: 500 m
- Restaurant within walking distance
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 50m
- On the seaside
- Distance from the sea: 5 m
- Distance from the center: 500 m
- Bus available
- Car recommended
- Provision of linen/towels
- Maid/Cleaning: €10 per hour, payable locally
- The following must be produced on arrival: €200
Villa was lovely - accommodation spacious and very comfortable. The ensuite shower rooms were excellent and we enjoyed the splendid views from the spacious terrace. The location was excellent and the beach and views from the beach at Lumbarda fabulous. The many stairs and split levels wouldn't be suitable for young children and elderly. Shame about the building work going on on the roof of the adjacent property- a simple screen would improve the view from the terrace.
Owner very friendly and helpful but not intrusive. They live right next door but it wasn't a problem at all.
Impressed with: The friendliness of the people
Not impressed with: The rather dull 'Italian' food
Recommend: Both restaurants within the bay were good - unpretentious but good food with lovely sea views.
Favourite villa moment: Breakfast on the terrace
Stayed August 2013
It was all excellent and even better than described. A very pleasant place to stay beautifully situated, and we loved it. Fabulous scenery and coast, very easy to travel in, used public transport to arrive, travel around, and leave.
Stayed October 2010