5 bedroom villa with pool on Brac Island sleeps 10-12
This attractive stone villa with pool, overlooking the quaint harbour at the increasingly popular fisherman’s village of Sumartin, situated on Brac Island’s eastern coast, would make an ideal villa holiday stay for 2 or more families or a group of friends.
The villa is approached from the road encircling the harbour where covered guest parking is available to the rear of the property. The villa is presented as a ground floor apartment (main part of the house) plus 2 x 1 bedroom apartments located on the first floor.
The ground floor features an inviting spacious covered terrace with picturesque harbour views and BBQ deck. From here guests enter the ground floor directly into an open plan kitchen/lounge. To the rear is a double bedroom and separate shower room. A hallway leading off the lounge offers access to two more double bedrooms, one of which contains a balcony with sea views, plus a separate shower room. A door from this hallway leads to the car parking area located to the rear, this outside area also allows guests to access the first floor via an external staircase. This level features 2 x one bedroom apartments containing an open plan kitchen/diner/lounge are with ‘curtained off’ double bedroom and separate shower room. To the rear of these one bedroom apartments is a shady upper terrace. The pool, featuring roman steps and patio sunbathing area is located to the side of the villa on the ground floor.
Sumartin is known for its unique character and hospitable people. There is a direct car ferry service operating from Sumartin to Makarska on the mainland and this also allows guests to visit the pretty town of Makarska as foot passengers. Check out the Makarska-Sumartin ferry times. For further information on Brac Island please visit our Country Guide.
- Distance to beach800 m
- Nearest airportSplit Airport
- Distance to airport2-3 hours including ferry crossing
- Nearest townMakarska, Split, Supetar
- Distance to town43km to Supetar on Brac or 1 hour ferry ride to Makarska
- Distance to bus stop200m
- Frequency of busesBuses go 3 times a day to Supetar
- Details on nearest shopsGrocery shop
- Distance to nearest shops200 m
- Distance to nearest restaurant50m
- Read more
- Sleeps in bedrooms: 10
- Sleeps total (includes sleeping capacity on sofa/extra beds): 12
- Minimum stay: 7 nights for end of June to early September. 4 nights all other dates
- Arrival days: Saturday for end of June to early September. Any day for all other dates
- Check-in: 16:00
- Check-out: 10:00
- Built: 18th Century
- Last renovated: 2009
- Area: 450m2
- Fans: 5 provided
- Boot mooring: Available for boats up to 15 meters. Price on request
- Frequency of linen/towel change: Once a week
- Car park: Space for 3 cars
- House pets allowed (on request)
- Boat mooring (on request)
- Sea view
- Whole house air-conditioned
- Sun deck
- Fans provided
- Cot/crib (available on request)
- Pool size: 8.0m x 3.75m
- Pool private to the property
- Heated pool
- Additional: Hairdryer, iron and board
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Internet access
- Furniture in terrace/balcony/garden: Wooden table and chairs on the terrace, bamboo sofa, chairs and recliners around the pool.
- Dining room
- Balcony with sea view
- Kitchen table
- Terrace with sea view
- Lounge/living room
- TV room
- Information on bedrooms: Sofa beds are located in the one bedroom apartments on the first floor.
- Number of double bedrooms: 5
- Total number of bedrooms: 5
- All bathrooms have toilets
- Number of bathrooms with shower: 4
- Total number of bathrooms: 4
Staff on site /available
Information on Location
- Distance to beach: 800 m
- Nearest airport: Split Airport
- Distance to airport: 2-3 hours including ferry crossing
- Nearest town: Makarska, Split, Supetar
- Distance to town: 43km to Supetar on Brac or 1 hour ferry ride to Makarska
- Distance to bus stop: 200m
- Details on nearest shops: Grocery shop
- Distance to nearest shops: 200 m
- Restaurant within walking distance
- Distance to nearest restaurant: 50m
- On the seaside
- Bus available
- Frequency of buses: Buses go 3 times a day to Supetar
- Information on transfers: Taxi for up to 8 persons can be arranged from Split airport to Villa. Taxi fare = 110 Euros one way payable locally + ferry ticket which is approximately Euros 5 per person. Clients + luggage will disembark from taxi in Split ferry terminal travel as foot passengers on the ferry. A taxi will be waiting at Supetar to continue the journey to the villa.
- Provision of linen/towels
- Pet Fee: Pets charged at Euros 9 per day for up to 2 pets payable locally.
- Pool heating charged at Euros 40 per day payable locally. Please advise up to 2 weeks prior to arrival if you require pool heating
- High Chair charged at Euros 10 per week payable locally
- Cot rental: Cot rental is charged at Euros 10 per week payable locally
- The following must be produced on arrival: €250
Pricing & availability:Price bandsProperty per night
01 Apr. - 27 Apr.£ 270.00 27 Apr. - 25 May£ 337.00 25 May - 08 June£ 402.00 08 June - 29 June£ 467.00 29 June - 24 Aug.£ 600.00 24 Aug. - 07 Sept.£ 467.00 07 Sept. - 21 Sept.£ 402.00 21 Sept. - 05 Oct.£ 337.00Prices are in UK Pounds (£)
*Rental prices do not include Residence Tax: £ 0.92 (per person per night)
Pricing and booking information
Pricing is calculated per property per night in GBP Sterling. Many destinations also require tourist tax to be paid. Tourist tax starts from approximately £1 per adult per night, and £0.50 per night per child aged 12-17 at time of travel. If tourist tax is applicable to the destination you are travelling to, this will be shown in the booking process. For tourist tax payable at time of booking, the cost will be added to your subtotal. For tourist tax payable locally, the cost will be shown at time of booking and on documentation.
All bookings subject to booking fee.
A 30% deposit is required at time of booking. Full balance is due 10 weeks prior to arrival.
If booking within 10 weeks of arrival, the full cost of the villa must be paid at the time of booking.
Certain properties require varying payments for bookings. If payments required vary from those above, these conditions will be displayed below or advised at time of booking.
Holding an Option on a villa
Please Contact Us should you wish to place an option on a property for 24 hours whilst you book your flights and/or make other arrangements.
For online bookings, payment can be made by credit or debit card. Corporate credit card payments may incur a surcharge at time of booking. There is no surcharge for personal credit or debit card payments. All major currencies are accepted when paying online by credit card.
Payment by bank transfer (In sterling or Euros), UK online banking or cheque in Euros or sterling can be accepted. Please Contact Us if you wish to make a payment in this way.Our full terms and conditions can be read here:
The property was very well kept and in very good condition. The comments we would make is that the pictures did not fully give justice to how nice the property was.
The owner was very helpful when we arrived and during our stay. He provided us excellent travel tips, arranged boat rental with a local guide, and even provided us fresh fish which he prepared for us. He was in no way intruding, but available for us when we had questions.
Everything worked perfectly.
Impressed with: Friendliness of the people. Clear and fresh water. Low prices.
Not impressed with: Number of tourists and the heat in the larger cities.
Recommend: The next door coffee shop/bar is a natural choice with a great atmosphere. The local restaurants have good food and friendly service. To have something extra the best recommendation would be to rent a boat and go across to the isolated bay at Pakomina for some very good food and a a few hours on a perfect small beach there.
Favourite villa moment: The favorite with the kids is the pool area - a very nice pool and a beautiful area with very good sun beds. As for the adults the outdoor kitchen with a spacious dining area was the best - enjoying grilled fresh fish with some good wine was a perfect evening.
Stayed July 2013